Icons changing

Every now and then some icons on my desktop get changed to something else (most often - outlook stuff). When the icon is marked, you can see the original "shape" but unmarked it show a totaly different image.

Most irritating is that i can't chage it back! If i re-set the icon it still shows the other thing.

Why does it do that and how do i fix that? (Win 2000, service pack and all upgrades installed)

Kind Regards
Konrad
----------------------------
(+46/0) 708-70 73 92
konrad@voxway.com
www.chamster.com

Comments

• I've had same odd thing with Win98.. For example .cpp file icons are different every day :-) I haven't found a solution for this though... :-(

• Greetings
    Windows has a tendency to "Store" things & then confuse them later. TweakUI (v1.33 works on Win2k) had an option to rebuild the icon cache to stop the annoying random icon swap thing. I on the other hand I usually just delete the file "ShellIconCache" in the Windows(9x/XP) or WinNT(NT 4/5) directory (It's a hidden file) to force a rebuild & my icons never move :)

Hope That Helps
    Stoic Joker

• : Greetings
    : Windows has a tendency to "Store" things & then confuse them later. TweakUI (v1.33 works on Win2k) had an option to rebuild the icon cache to stop the annoying random icon swap thing. I on the other hand I usually just delete the file "ShellIconCache" in the Windows(9x/XP) or WinNT(NT 4/5) directory (It's a hidden file) to force a rebuild & my icons never move :)
    :
    : Hope That Helps
    : Stoic Joker
    :
    Oh boy, you all misunderstood the whole thing. This is one of the features of Windows, have a different desktop every day;)