Game...

Please try out my test level for my first game. I have been working on this for a while now and I would like some opinions on it. You can download it from here http://members.home.com/dazed66/SpaceShooterSFX.exe

by the way it uses DirectX 7

Comments

• I would love to try out the game, but there is something wrong with the file. When I try to download it, it starts the download and quits after 40-80 Kb, so I can read the first part of the file, but not the majority of it. Try recreating the self-extracting file and reposting it.
    Later in life you will be more disappointed by the things you haven't done than by those you have. So cast off the bowlines and sail away into the seas of opportunity.

• : I would love to try out the game, but there is something wrong with the file. When I try to download it, it starts the download and quits after 40-80 Kb, so I can read the first part of the file, but not the majority of it. Try recreating the self-extracting file and reposting it.
    : Later in life you will be more disappointed by the things you haven't done than by those you have. So cast off the bowlines and sail away into the seas of opportunity.
    :
    :

I tried downloading and installing it and it worked fine for me. I did have some problems at work though with it downloading. I just restarted the download. If you still cannot get it to work I will send it to you e-mail or you can download it from my ftp. The address is ftp://24.12.206.71 username: download password: download.

• It's still not working, and I can't seem to be able to log on to your ftp site. try sending it by e-mail to yizk_man@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Later in life you will be more disappointed by the things you haven't done than by those you have. So cast off the bowlines and sail away into the seas of opportunity.

• : Please try out my test level for my first game. I have been working on this for a while now and I would like some opinions on it. You can download it from here http://members.home.com/dazed66/SpaceShooterSFX.exe
    :
    : by the way it uses DirectX 7
    :
    :

• Download worked fine, and the game too. The game was quite fast but playable. With bosses and stuff it's going to be great !

• I tried it and run very very fast, almost unplayable. It was run on an PIII 550 with DX8. But it looked very nice. Making it a bit slower and put less enemies in it and the bosses and it will be great game!

Sand Hawk

• : Please try out my test level for my first game. I have been working on this for a while now and I would like some opinions on it. You can download it from here http://members.home.com/dazed66/SpaceShooterSFX.exe
    :
    : by the way it uses DirectX 7
    :
    :

I've been playing. I relly like the game, nice graphics and sound (except the sound of the menu: You could add some other sound before repeat that secuence, is too short).

The speed is OK, maybe a little slow.
    I've completed all levels without loosing any live.

I've reding the other answers to your message, they said the game is too fast, for me its too slow (I have a Pentium
    Celeron 300 Mhz, with 64 RAM). I know there are some ways
    to fix it, I remember another programmer, some time ago that
    had some kind of method to get allways the same game speed, no matter the speed or kind of computer.Many people here may know about this.

PD: You could add some enemies with some different motion,
    ie: he moves to a fixed point of the screen(easy to implement), and from there he shot to different points of the screen.

Good Luck!
    wonderfull Game!

Juan. jcisola@vianetworks.net.ar

• it's a nice game but way can i not fire????

i have a atlon 1200 MHz and 256 mb mem.

• : I am currently working on a game which is devloping in VC++ but there is problem I want to know a process that is when i press a button then four images will be display on desired differnet locations. so if you any idea related to this query pl. send me the reply.