Where can I find information on programming gameboy color games?

I am beginning to start up my own game development studio. All of our employees have experience with the C/C++ language and have made freeware PC games in the past, but we now want to take the next step, console game development. We want to begin slow and have decided to create a fast-paced shooter similar to Contra for the GBC, but we need more information on how to create games for the console. Also if there is anyone who has previous experience with the Gameboy Color console we would be more than happy if you joined the team. We don't have a site up yet, but our company name is Demonhead Studios! Our www.demonhead.com homepage is currently under construction! Please reply! Thanks for your help.

URL:www.demonhead.com

Comments

• More than likely you will have to work with Nintendo itself.

Most console games are written in assembly made for the console, not C/C++. This is with exception to the newer Playstation, Saturn, N64, etc. games.

-Xotor-

• : More than likely you will have to work with Nintendo itself.
    :
    : Most console games are written in assembly made for the console, not C/C++. This is with exception to the newer Playstation, Saturn, N64, etc. games.
    :
    : -Xotor-
    :
    :
    Correct...but you can program GBC in regular C. Do a search for the Gameboy Development Kit. It's a package of that contains a compiler and a bunch of utils to code the GBC. Goodluck.

MaDk