How to play a .wav file using C?

Sir, kindly guide me how to play a .wav file usig C. I have some knowledge of DMA programming, the AC'97 compatible soundcard & .wav file structure but I am unable to know how to make the DMA acknowledge me of finishing the data.

Comments

• : Sir, kindly guide me how to play a .wav file usig C. I have some knowledge of DMA programming, the AC'97 compatible soundcard & .wav file structure but I am unable to know how to make the DMA acknowledge me of finishing the data.
    :
    The soundcard generates an IRQ when data transfer is finished.

• When the DMA chip has finished transferring the block, it will generate an IRQ. You can determine which number IRQ will be generated by looking at your Sound Card's settings. (On mine it's IRQ 9)

• : When the DMA chip has finished transferring the block, it will generate an IRQ. You can determine which number IRQ will be generated by looking at your Sound Card's settings. (On mine it's IRQ 9)
    :
    man this post is, like, four months old lol

• Hey, check this code which i wrote, using this code you can easily create a wav file, i have explained everything header, sub-header and data part of wav file, i have even inlcuded the part to record something and then you can run the wav-file to check that it really works!! here is the link and happy programming

http://www.nerdmodo.com/2009/07/creating-recording-sound-in-wav-file-using-mimos-with-cc/
  • You should surf on the official website of the company, there should be a user guide in their website, if not, you should send an email to contact them, it may works. You can also change a new one.

Good luck.
  • sorry ,I don't know.
  • rhythmbox is a media organizer and player, a bit like iTunes, that runs on X Windows. That means your computer will have to be running that application for your program to control it. I sounds like librhythmbox-core is a good library to try linking against. It looks like that link just shows a list of all the files that are installed when you install the rhythmbox package, including the library you found.
  • I can't open your website it redirects me to a google privacy domain or something like that,could you please send me your record and play back code you mentioned just right here to my email?
    jamaspyourd@hotmail.com
    I am really in a demand for such a code if it really works as you said.
    Thanks in advance
    Best
    Emma
  • Hello,

I do not know about wav file but I found a sample that works with MP3, you might find it useful: http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_345-voip-mp3-playing-voip.html

Hope it helps.