i have a MySQL-Database on a Linux-PHP based webserver. I would like to make a backup of the database entries via an export to a file on my linux workstation at home.
The problems are:
- the backup should be automated, so doing this with phpmyadmin is no help.
- i have only webbased and ftp access to the server, so mysqldump is no option.
- the server isnt handled by a provider but by a friend of mine. Hes not doing the backup and i wont ask for one (its my discision).
- only one database on the server is mine/the webservers.
- im a "normal" sysadmin and have not much experience with either MySQL and PHP.
So, is there a program for doing such a backup? I really dont know where or what to look for anymore.
I dont have to watch out for inconsistencies and the like. The webprogram isnt transaction based. If data is lost, it is lost (wont be very much, maybe an incomplete insert which has to be dropped).
Any help would be nice
[size=1][blue]Any time things appear to be going better, you have overlooked something.[/blue][/size]