How to get windows version (64 Bit)?

Hi,
I want to detect whether the OS(Platform) is 64 bit or not then what to do? Please reply.

Comments

• : Hi,
    : I want to detect whether the OS(Platform) is 64 bit or not then what to do? Please reply.
    :
    GetVersionEx(), then check if the major version indicates Vista. All other Windows are 32-bit.
  • : : Hi,
    : : I want to detect whether the OS(Platform) is 64 bit or not then what to do? Please reply.
    : :
    : GetVersionEx(), then check if the major version indicates Vista. All other Windows are 32-bit.
    :
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

But I have come to know that WinXP and WinXP (Media centered edition and Win2003 server are also available in 64 bit flavour. You can check in google.

So how to check whether the O.S is 64 bit or not.

Also let me know whether we can check the processor is 64 bit or not.
  • : : : Hi,
    : : : I want to detect whether the OS(Platform) is 64 bit or not then what to do? Please reply.
    : : :
    : : GetVersionEx(), then check if the major version indicates Vista. All other Windows are 32-bit.
    : -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    :
    : But I have come to know that WinXP and WinXP (Media centered edition and Win2003 server are also available in 64 bit flavour. You can check in google.
    :
    : So how to check whether the O.S is 64 bit or not.
    :
    : Also let me know whether we can check the processor is 64 bit or not.
    :
    This is the best I could find in the MSDN: IsWow64Process()
  • : : : : Hi,
    : : : : I want to detect whether the OS(Platform) is 64 bit or not then what to do? Please reply.
    : : : :
    : : : GetVersionEx(), then check if the major version indicates Vista. All other Windows are 32-bit.
    : : -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    : : But I have come to know that WinXP and WinXP (Media centered edition and Win2003 server are also available in 64 bit flavour. You can check in google.
    : : So how to check whether the O.S is 64 bit or not.
    : : Also let me know whether we can check the processor is 64 bit or not.
    : This is the best I could find in the MSDN: IsWow64Process()
    :
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks a lot Zibadian.
    With some brain twisting I can finally achieve what I wanted to. Actuall in my MSDN I couldn't find IsWow64Process() neither I found the same in Delphi Help. Actually it resided in kernel32.dll.Now it serves the purpose. Once again thanks very much.

By the way can we find out whether we are currently working on 64 bit machine or 32 bit machine?

• : : : : : Hi,
    : : : : : I want to detect whether the OS(Platform) is 64 bit or not then what to do? Please reply.
    : : : : :
    : : : : GetVersionEx(), then check if the major version indicates Vista. All other Windows are 32-bit.
    : : : :
    : : : -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    : : : But I have come to know that WinXP and WinXP (Media centered edition and Win2003 server are also available in 64 bit flavour. You can check in google.
    : : : So how to check whether the O.S is 64 bit or not.
    : : : Also let me know whether we can check the processor is 64 bit or not.
    : : This is the best I could find in the MSDN: IsWow64Process()
    : ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    : Thanks a lot Zibadian.
    : With some brain twisting I can finally achieve what I wanted to. Actuall in my MSDN I couldn't find IsWow64Process() neither I found the same in Delphi Help. Actually it resided in kernel32.dll.Now it serves the purpose. Once again thanks very much.
    :
    : By the way can we find out whether we are currently working on 64 bit machine or 32 bit machine?
    :
    :
    I checked the msdn.microsoft.com site. That gives you the latest in all the API functions. As for the Delphi help, it cannot show the API functions, because otherwise it would be too much data.