Delay command for Splashscreen

Hey guys!
Thanx for the reply on my previous question!

I would just like to know how do I create a delay command or effect for a splashscreen, because my splashscreen only display for a very short period of time.
Thank you guys!!

FuNk

Comments

• : Hey guys!
    : Thanx for the reply on my previous question!
    :
    : I would just like to know how do I create a delay command or effect for a splashscreen, because my splashscreen only display for a very short period of time.
    : Thank you guys!!
    :
    : FuNk
    :
    I would use a TTimer component, which closes the splash screen in the OnTimer() event.
  • [b][red]This message was edited by Funky14 at 2006-5-13 6:39:6[/red][/b][hr]
    Hey !
    Thanks for the reply. I tried to use a Sleep function, but then I get the error saying that the "sleep.dll" file wasn't found. any idea where i can maybe get this file?
    Thank you very much!!!

FuNk

• [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-13 7:58:58[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Funky14 at 2006-5-13 6:39:6[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hey !
    : Thanks for the reply. I tried to use a Sleep function, but then I get the error saying that the "sleep.dll" file wasn't found. any idea where i can maybe get this file?
    : Thank you very much!!!
    :
    :
    :
    I don't know. I usually use the TTimer solution (wich is already installed in Delphi), but if you like to use the sleep.dll, perhaps you should google for it.

• : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-13 7:58:58[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by Funky14 at 2006-5-13 6:39:6[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hey !
    : : Thanks for the reply. I tried to use a Sleep function, but then I get the error saying that the "sleep.dll" file wasn't found. any idea where i can maybe get this file?
    : : Thank you very much!!!
    : :
    : : FuNk
    : I don't know. I usually use the TTimer solution (wich is already installed in Delphi), but if you like to use the sleep.dll, perhaps you should google for it.
    :
    :
    :
    Sleep() will freeze your application. Use timer instead.
  • Okay, I think I will use timer then. But can you maybe give me an example of how the coding will look like when using a Splashscreen please?

Thank you!!
    FuNk
  • : Okay, I think I will use timer then. But can you maybe give me an example of how the coding will look like when using a Splashscreen please?
    :
    : Thank you!!
    :
    Nearly everything is done using the properties of the TTimer component. The OnTimer() event only needs to call the Close() method of the form.
  • I am sorry for all the questions, I am kind of new to Delphi, and I don't have a clue how to use the Timer function with a Splash screen. Please help: Here the coding I have:
    begin
    frmSplashscreen:=TfrmSplashScreen.Create(Application);
    try
    frmSplashscreen.Show;
    Application.Initialize;
    frmSplashScreen.Update;
    Application.CreateForm(Tfrmone, frmone);
    Finally
    frmSplashScreen.Free;
    end;
    Application.Run;

Thank you!
  • Okay, many many thanks for the help. I got sorted.

Now there is only one thing I need some help with. How do I create a print preview in Delphi?

Thanks!!

FuNk

• : I am sorry for all the questions, I am kind of new to Delphi, and I don't have a clue how to use the Timer function with a Splash screen. Please help: Here the coding I have:
    : begin
    : frmSplashscreen:=TfrmSplashScreen.Create(Application);
    : try
    : frmSplashscreen.Show;
    : Application.Initialize;
    : frmSplashScreen.Update;
    : Application.CreateForm(Tfrmone, frmone);
    : Finally
    : frmSplashScreen.Free;
    : end;
    : Application.Run;
    :
    : Thank you!
    :
    The TTimer (see help files) isn't a function but a component (like a TLabel, TEdit, TForm). You'll find it on the System page of the component Palette (see help files). You can place that component onto your frmSplashscreen at design-time (see help files) and set its properties using the Object Inspector (see help files).
    Then you need to write an OnTimer() event (see help files), in which you Close() the frmSplashScreen and show the main form (frmOne).
    As always the Delphi help files contain all the details on properties/methods/events/classes, which I mentioned.
  • Okay, many many thanks for the help. I got sorted.

Now there is only one thing I need some help with. How do I create a print preview in Delphi?

Thanks!!

FuNk