A Java Editor Project

Hello,
I am Krishna, 6th Sem BCA student, I need some help to complete my project work b the end of next month. Since it is a Bachelor degree there is no need for a huge, complex project. So have an idea of developing a simple text editor in JAVA( JDK 1.5 ) almost like Windows Notepad, with some other features like syntax highlighting, line numbers etc. Will you please give me some help in this regard by giving me some code, tutorals, tips etc. I want my editor to look very good, so please give me some Look and Feel tips. I hope that yoou will help me in my project and further studies.
Thanking you
yours truely
SMSKrissy( Krishna.N )

Comments

• : Hello,
    : I am Krishna, 6th Sem BCA student, I need some help to complete my project work b the end of next month. Since it is a Bachelor degree there is no need for a huge, complex project. So have an idea of developing a simple text editor in JAVA( JDK 1.5 ) almost like Windows Notepad, with some other features like syntax highlighting, line numbers etc. Will you please give me some help in this regard by giving me some code, tutorals, tips etc. I want my editor to look very good, so please give me some Look and Feel tips. I hope that yoou will help me in my project and further studies.
    : Thanking you
    : yours truely
    : SMSKrissy( Krishna.N )
    :

If I recall correctly, there is a sample rich text editor included with the J2SE JDK. There are also tutorials on the Sun website: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/text.html

• Hello Sir,
    Thanks for helping me for my Editor project by suggesting me good tutorial. I hope I'll be able to utilize the tutor well and devolope a good editor. I need to finish the project by the middle of May, and I have theory exams in almost the whole of April. So I have almost one full month for the project completion and I think there is enough time for developing a good editor. So I request you to please give me some suggestions about what all features I can add to it, so that it looks good and perform good. I am thinking of features like line numbers, syntax highlighting, HTML exporting etc. I will be very happy to receive new ideas.
    Thanking you
    yours truely
    SMSKrissy( Krishna.N )