a simple javascript question

hello friends

i'm a javascript novice trying to write what i'm sure is a very simple script for my page.

i have a text field with a submit button. i want to make it so when a certain phrase is put into the text field and submitted it will bring the user to another web page. if it is not the correct phrase i want it to refresh the current page. if anyone can help me out i will be your slave forever. thanks

-tim b.

Comments

• : hello friends
    :
    : i'm a javascript novice trying to write what i'm sure is a very simple script for my page.
    :
    : i have a text field with a submit button. i want to make it so when a certain phrase is put into the text field and submitted it will bring the user to another web page. if it is not the correct phrase i want it to refresh the current page. if anyone can help me out i will be your slave forever. thanks
    :
    : -tim b.
    :
    This page contains part of the answer: http://developer.irt.org/script/13.htm
    You can find the rest on the other pages of tha site. You might also want to check out this: www.pageresource.com
  • if you only want to use javascript, there's no reason to use a submit button. submitting is used for server-side processing. just use a button.

[code]

[/code]

type [b]test[/b] in the textbox and click the button and it should take you to google.. if you type anything else it should clear the textbox.