unexsistent dll file

Hi;

when i run my delphi application on a computer, i get the following error:

"...msvcp60.dll does not exist"

i searched it on the net, but it says

"msvcp60.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as printf, memcpy, and cos. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library."

1) What does it have to do with Delphi? Can it be a virus embedded in the .exe file?

Thanx...

Comments

• : Hi;
    :
    : when i run my delphi application on a computer, i get the following error:
    :
    : "...msvcp60.dll does not exist"
    :
    : i searched it on the net, but it says
    :
    : "msvcp60.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as printf, memcpy, and cos. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library."
    :
    : 1) What does it have to do with Delphi? Can it be a virus embedded in the .exe file?
    :
    : Thanx...
    :
    It could be that a 3rd-party component contains code, which is written in C and is linked to the Delphi code as an object file.
    It may also be that parts of the windows, which your application uses, are changed through the installation of another program. These parts might require that dll.
    As for the virus, I would suggest that you recompile your project and run it from a read-only floppy/memory stick/CD on the other computer. This will eliminate that possibility (assuming your computer is free of viruses).
  • [b][red]This message was edited by Masterijn at 2005-2-1 9:56:5[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi;
    : :
    : : when i run my delphi application on a computer, i get the following error:
    : : "...msvcp60.dll does not exist"
    : : i searched it on the net, but it says
    : : "msvcp60.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as printf, memcpy, and cos. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library."
    : : 1) What does it have to do with Delphi? Can it be a virus embedded in the .exe file?
    : : Thanx...
    : It could be that a 3rd-party component contains code, which is written in C and is linked to the Delphi code as an object file.
    : It may also be that parts of the windows, which your application uses, are changed through the installation of another program. These parts might require that dll.
    : As for the virus, I would suggest that you recompile your project and run it from a read-only floppy/memory stick/CD on the other computer. This will eliminate that possibility (assuming your computer is free of viruses).
    :
    There are dependency trace utilities. You should find module wbhich is missing msvcp60.dll. This needn't be the executable itself, it could well be another dll (or com-object but I don't think you can find the problem with a dependency trace in that case.).

• I compressed my .exe with an application called UPX,
    can it be the reason (utilizing that .dll package)?

: [b][red]This message was edited by Masterijn at 2005-2-1 9:56:5[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Hi;
    : : :
    : : : when i run my delphi application on a computer, i get the following error:
    : : : "...msvcp60.dll does not exist"
    : : : i searched it on the net, but it says
    : : : "msvcp60.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as printf, memcpy, and cos. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library."
    : : : 1) What does it have to do with Delphi? Can it be a virus embedded in the .exe file?
    : : : Thanx...
    : : It could be that a 3rd-party component contains code, which is written in C and is linked to the Delphi code as an object file.
    : : It may also be that parts of the windows, which your application uses, are changed through the installation of another program. These parts might require that dll.
    : : As for the virus, I would suggest that you recompile your project and run it from a read-only floppy/memory stick/CD on the other computer. This will eliminate that possibility (assuming your computer is free of viruses).
    : There are dependency trace utilities. You should find module wbhich is missing msvcp60.dll. This needn't be the executable itself, it could well be another dll (or com-object but I don't think you can find the problem with a dependency trace in that case.).
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

• : I compressed my .exe with an application called UPX,
    : can it be the reason (utilizing that .dll package)?
    :
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by Masterijn at 2005-2-1 9:56:5[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Hi;
    : : : :
    : : : : when i run my delphi application on a computer, i get the following error:
    : : : : "...msvcp60.dll does not exist"
    : : : : i searched it on the net, but it says
    : : : : "msvcp60.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as printf, memcpy, and cos. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library."
    : : : : 1) What does it have to do with Delphi? Can it be a virus embedded in the .exe file?
    : : : : Thanx...
    : : : It could be that a 3rd-party component contains code, which is written in C and is linked to the Delphi code as an object file.
    : : : It may also be that parts of the windows, which your application uses, are changed through the installation of another program. These parts might require that dll.
    : : : As for the virus, I would suggest that you recompile your project and run it from a read-only floppy/memory stick/CD on the other computer. This will eliminate that possibility (assuming your computer is free of viruses).
    : : There are dependency trace utilities. You should find module wbhich is missing msvcp60.dll. This needn't be the executable itself, it could well be another dll (or com-object but I don't think you can find the problem with a dependency trace in that case.).
    :
    :
    Yezz