Problem with filter

I set the filter of a client dataset at runtime but nothing happens and all records keep showing. Even if I close the dataset the records keep showing in the dbgrid though if I give an insert command (to check), the application replies that this cannot be done on a closed dataset. I decide to use ADOQuery instead of CDS but the same thing happens, and even the data keeps showing though I close the query. I even changed the cursor types but that doesn't make any difference. What could be the problem?. Connection string for the ADOConnection is with Jet Ole DB 4.0 and the database is not password protected because if I password protect it then it creates greater problems with even the datacontrols losing their datasources, though the database and tables open corrcetly! Its all very frustrating. Will someone help me?
Thanx

Comments

• : I set the filter of a client dataset at runtime but nothing happens and all records keep showing. Even if I close the dataset the records keep showing in the dbgrid though if I give an insert command (to check), the application replies that this cannot be done on a closed dataset. I decide to use ADOQuery instead of CDS but the same thing happens, and even the data keeps showing though I close the query. I even changed the cursor types but that doesn't make any difference. What could be the problem?. Connection string for the ADOConnection is with Jet Ole DB 4.0 and the database is not password protected because if I password protect it then it creates greater problems with even the datacontrols losing their datasources, though the database and tables open corrcetly! Its all very frustrating. Will someone help me?
    : Thanx
    :
    In continuation to the problem. If I close the ADOquery, the DBGrid continues to show the data and even edits and inserts are posted, but if do ADOQuery.Refresh then I get a meassage that this cannot be done on a closed dataset!
  • I have isolated the problem, I Think. It is that DBGrid continues to show static data and not the new or refreshed data! Could someone tell me what to do?