ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES

[code]
// setup common controls
icc.dwSize = sizeof(INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX);
icc.dwICC = 0x00004000;//ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES
InitCommonControlsEx(&icc);
[/code]

Visual Studio .NET 2003 doesnt recognize ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES and complains it's a undeclared identifier. It is definitely found in and i have included that header file.

My edit control works without calling InitCommonControlsEx() or if i hardcode the value of dwICC. But Microsoft says i must call it to initialize controls and i dont want to expect any strange problem later.

Can someone help? Thanks alot!

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by pingpong at 2004-9-17 13:48:56[/red][/b][hr]
    [code]
    #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0501
    #include
    [/code]
    Lookup _WIN32_WINNT in MSDN then look up ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES in your commctrl.h for an explination.

: [code]
    : // setup common controls
    : icc.dwSize = sizeof(INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX);
    : icc.dwICC = 0x00004000;//ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES
    : InitCommonControlsEx(&icc);
    : [/code]
    :
    : Visual Studio .NET 2003 doesnt recognize ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES and complains it's a undeclared identifier. It is definitely found in and i have included that header file.
    :
    : My edit control works without calling InitCommonControlsEx() or if i hardcode the value of dwICC. But Microsoft says i must call it to initialize controls and i dont want to expect any strange problem later.
    :
    : Can someone help? Thanks alot!
    :
    :
    :

• Oh i see. I have to explicitly define the macro "/D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0500" in every source code. Now it works. Thanks for the help :)