student's database in pascal

hi

i have a problem concerning making student database in pascal, but i have no idea how it should look like and how would i write the code.
i'm not a very good programmer, so has anyone made a database about students, where is some data and some queries about them....
could you give me some info about that or send some example codes...
i would appreciate it very much
my email is heigo2@hot.ee
thanks

Heigo

Comments

• : hi
    :
    : i have a problem concerning making student database in pascal, but i have no idea how it should look like and how would i write the code.
    : i'm not a very good programmer, so has anyone made a database about students, where is some data and some queries about them....
    : could you give me some info about that or send some example codes...
    : i would appreciate it very much
    : my email is heigo2@hot.ee
    : thanks
    :
    : Heigo
    :
    You can use a 1D-array of string to hold the names of the students and a 2D-array of integer (or real) to hold the marks. Saving it is quite simple: I would suggest that you use text-files with 2 lines per student: 1 to hold his name and the other for the marks. This also helps you to easily read it.
    With this set-up you only need to know the basic IO (read/readln/write/writeln), arrays and for-do loops. Sorting can be tricky, since the marks are in a different array than the names. Performing calculations on the marks, setting/getting individual marks is simple, as long as you keep good track of the order of the indexes.
    If you know records, then you can make the data structure much better and less error-prone by defining a student record of a string (=name) and an array (=marks). You can then form an array of those records.

Hope this helps you get started on your program.
  • : hi
    :
    : i have a problem concerning making student database in pascal, but i have no idea how it should look like and how would i write the code.
    : i'm not a very good programmer, so has anyone made a database about students, where is some data and some queries about them....
    : could you give me some info about that or send some example codes...
    : i would appreciate it very much
    : my email is heigo2@hot.ee
    : thanks
    :
    : Heigo
    :
    If you are not a good programmer, I would suggest to use files to store data. The most basic methodt would be to use INI files (I wrote a library but I don't have it anymore, but it isn't hard to write one)
    Nice to see other Estonians here :-)
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]

• : If you are not a good programmer, I would suggest to use files to store data. The most basic methodt would be to use INI files (I wrote a library but I don't have it anymore, but it isn't hard to write one)
    : Nice to see other Estonians here :-)

nice to see you too....
    ok, i'll try to but something together, but i thinki that its hopeless for me, because programming is dark thing for me...
    i have manged to program just a very simple things, and those also with someone other helping...
    and now i have to do that prgram in school to pass the subject....hopless...
  • : : If you are not a good programmer, I would suggest to use files to store data. The most basic methodt would be to use INI files (I wrote a library but I don't have it anymore, but it isn't hard to write one)
    : : Nice to see other Estonians here :-)
    :
    :
    : nice to see you too....
    : ok, i'll try to but something together, but i thinki that its hopeless for me, because programming is dark thing for me...
    : i have manged to program just a very simple things, and those also with someone other helping...
    : and now i have to do that prgram in school to pass the subject....hopless...
    :
    Dont worry, just start programming like Zibadian said and if you encounter eny problems feel free to ask. You just have to put you're mind to it.