How to go about C++ after doing data structures ?

Can somebody help me about as to what and how should i do in C++ after doing data structure ?

Comments

• : Can somebody help me about as to what and how should i do in C++ after doing data structure ?
    :
    [blue]Can you explain more about the problem? What data structure you mean? To create a structure as a new type use [b]typedef[/b] keyword:
    [code]
    typedef struct
    {
    int AgeYears;
    char FirstName [24];
    char LastName [24];
    char Phone [12];
    char EMail [40];
    } PERSON;
    [/code]
    So, you can use it as you use [b]int[/b]:
    [code]
    PERSON human;

human.AgeYears = 22;
    strcpy (human.EMail, "address@server.com");
    strcpy (human.Phone, "513-333-9107");
    ... etc.
    [/code]
    [/blue]
  • Actually I mean, I've completed data structures in c++. Now what next topic should i take up in C++ ?
    : : Can somebody help me about as to what and how should i do in C++ after doing data structure ?
    : :
    : [blue]Can you explain more about the problem? What data structure you mean? To create a structure as a new type use [b]typedef[/b] keyword:
    : [code]
    : typedef struct
    : {
    : int AgeYears;
    : char FirstName [24];
    : char LastName [24];
    : char Phone [12];
    : char EMail [40];
    : } PERSON;
    : [/code]
    : So, you can use it as you use [b]int[/b]:
    : [code]
    : PERSON human;
    :
    : human.AgeYears = 22;
    : strcpy (human.EMail, "address@server.com");
    : strcpy (human.Phone, "513-333-9107");
    : ... etc.
    : [/code]
    : [/blue]
    :

• : Actually I mean, I've completed data structures in c++. Now what next topic should i take up in C++ ?

You have a huge variety to choose from. Sockets, databases, client/server, COM+, COBRA, Win32 API, MFC, and unix windows (sorry but I've forgotten the proper term for this one) are just a few of them. For other suggestions look over the wide variety of books in your local book store or online at www.amazon.com.
  • [italic]...MFC, and unix windows (sorry but I've forgotten the proper term for this one)...[/italic]

[blue][b]stober[/b], is that sarcasm or you really forgot this one?!.. I think it is [b]X-Windows[/b].[/blue]
  • : [italic]...MFC, and unix windows (sorry but I've forgotten the proper term for this one)...[/italic]
    :
    : [blue][b]stober[/b], is that sarcasm or you really forgot this one?!.. I think it is [b]X-Windows[/b].[/blue]
    :

Wasn't attempting to be scarcastic. I was thinking of the package that's similar to MFC for Windows. It's only been about 10 years since I've used it.

• Can u tell me whats socket programming, and Win32 API

: : Actually I mean, I've completed data structures in c++. Now what next topic should i take up in C++ ?
    :
    :
    : You have a huge variety to choose from. Sockets, databases, client/server, COM+, COBRA, Win32 API, MFC, and unix windows (sorry but I've forgotten the proper term for this one) are just a few of them. For other suggestions look over the wide variety of books in your local book store or online at www.amazon.com.
    :

• : Can u tell me whats socket programming, and Win32 API
    [blue]Sockets: that's how computers talk to each other, such as your browser sends and gets information on the internet.

Win32 API -- a huge set of functions to write programs for Microsoft Windows operating systems. There's about a year's learning curve. Here's an intro tutorial:
    http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/

[/blue]

:
    : : : Actually I mean, I've completed data structures in c++. Now what next topic should i take up in C++ ?
    : : You have a huge variety to choose from. Sockets, databases, client/server, COM+, COBRA, Win32 API, MFC, and unix windows (sorry but I've forgotten the proper term for this one) are just a few of them. For other suggestions look over the wide variety of books in your local book store or online at www.amazon.com.
    :
    :