Help with Pascal

Help with Pascal

Internal Assessment
ISD

Help with Pascal Assignment!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering if all you helpful people could really help me out with my final Introduction to software development project at my college by producing a JSP Diagram and some Pseudocode for my assignment.

The specification is an attachment on this post if any of you could please help it would make me very happy!!!!!!!!!!

I can program in pascal and understand it, but i always fail the pseudocode and JSP parts, and it is going to let my final grade down.

I also understand pascal is a very old language and that not many people use this very old program.

Please reply if you can help!

Specification:

Internal Assessment

Unit Title: Introduction to Software Development Unit Code: 04

Unit Lecturers:

Assignment Title: ISD4 Rugby Scores

Date Set: ___________ Date and Time Due: ______________

Scenario

The club secretary of Old Borstalians RFC wishes to compile statistics of club results for last season. The club puts out a number of sides each week but not all sides play the same number of games in a season. Scores for each game have been recorded on paper with the club score first (eg. For 6 Against 72) but the actual results (Win/Draw/Loss) have been omitted. The secretary needs a program to process and analyse sets of scores for a given club side.

When all the marks have been entered, the required information will be output to the VDU screen. The average marks should be displayed correct to one decimal place.

All data entry must be appropriately validated.

Tasks

You are to design, implement (see below) and test (see below) a program for the secretary using the specification given below.

Specification

When the program is run, the secretary will be prompted to enter the raw data as required for the output in the example below. It is important to note that the secretary should only be required to enter data that cannot be calculated from other data.

Example of VDU output screen produced by the program

An example of the output required is as follows:

Club Side Ladies Extra B
League West Kent Ladies Division 8
No. of Games 22
Highest Score For 15
Highest Score Against 110
Greatest Winning Margin 3
Greatest Losing Margin 104
Average Score For 6.4
Average Score Against 56.9
Number of Wins 2
Number of Draws 5
Number of Losses 15

Submission

Hand in the following items of documentation and evidence for assessment in a file or folder. Loose pages/discs will not be accepted.
A contents page.
A correctly presented design of the inputs, processing and outputs for your program to include Pseudocode (Structured English) and top-down designs (JSP diagram). (M1, M3)
Designs of the input and output screens to be produced by the program. (D1)
A Test Data Table that details Test Data and Expected Outcome together with screen shots to show the Actual Outcome produced by your program. (M4)
A program listing. (M2, D1)
A description of how your program could be developed and expanded in terms of at least three extra facilities that could be included, and an outline of how these could be implemented. (D2)
The source code of your utility. (M2, D1)
An executable of your utility.
(Supply these last two items on a floppy disk that is clearly labelled with your name and group. Make sure that the disc is readable before you hand it in).

NOTE

If some of the available grades M1/2/3/4 and D1/2 have been already earned, the required submission will be modified accordingly.
Unit Title: Introduction to Software Development
Assessment Title: Class Results (ISD2)
Student Name : ________________ Site:______ Group: ______
Marking Sheets (see also last page)
Reference Criterion ()Student Evidence ()Assessor ()Internal Verifier

M1 determine appropriate data types for a program and show how they are declared page(s):

M2 identify and use appropriate selection and iteration methods for programming problems page(s):

M3 Produce technical documentation for a program page(s):
M4 use an appropriate tool to analyze a piece of code to ascertain semantic correctness. page(s):

D1 enhance programs with validation and appropriate graphical elements; include end-user enhancements page(s):

D2 demonstrate that the program has expandability. page(s):

Comments

Notes
You must achieve all of the above M criteria to gain a Merit in this unit. You do this by submitting the required evidence, as detailed in the assignment.
You must achieve all of the above M and D criteria to gain a Distinction in this unit. You do this by submitting the required evidence, as detailed in the assignment.
If you do not achieve all the criteria in this assignment you may be allowed to resubmit the relevant work if the evidence you have provided is substantially complete and correct.

When this option is offered to you, you will have five working days, from the date of its return to you, to re-submit your work.

Comments

• : Help with Pascal
    :
    : Internal Assessment
    : ISD
    :
    : Help with Pascal Assignment!!!!!!!!!!!
    :
    : I was wondering if all you helpful people could really help me out with my final Introduction to software development project at my college by producing a JSP Diagram and some Pseudocode for my assignment.
    :
    : The specification is an attachment on this post if any of you could please help it would make me very happy!!!!!!!!!!
    :
    : I can program in pascal and understand it, but i always fail the pseudocode and JSP parts, and it is going to let my final grade down.
    :
    : I also understand pascal is a very old language and that not many people use this very old program.
    :
    : Please reply if you can help!
    :
    : Specification:
    :
    : Internal Assessment
    :
    : Unit Title: Introduction to Software Development Unit Code: 04
    :
    : Unit Lecturers:
    :
    :
    : Assignment Title: ISD4 Rugby Scores
    :
    : Date Set: ___________ Date and Time Due: ______________
    :
    : Scenario
    :
    : The club secretary of Old Borstalians RFC wishes to compile statistics of club results for last season. The club puts out a number of sides each week but not all sides play the same number of games in a season. Scores for each game have been recorded on paper with the club score first (eg. For 6 Against 72) but the actual results (Win/Draw/Loss) have been omitted. The secretary needs a program to process and analyse sets of scores for a given club side.
    :
    : When all the marks have been entered, the required information will be output to the VDU screen. The average marks should be displayed correct to one decimal place.
    :
    : All data entry must be appropriately validated.
    :
    : Tasks
    :
    : You are to design, implement (see below) and test (see below) a program for the secretary using the specification given below.
    :
    :
    : Specification
    :
    : When the program is run, the secretary will be prompted to enter the raw data as required for the output in the example below. It is important to note that the secretary should only be required to enter data that cannot be calculated from other data.
    :
    :
    : Example of VDU output screen produced by the program
    :
    : An example of the output required is as follows:
    :
    : Club Side Ladies Extra B
    : League West Kent Ladies Division 8
    : No. of Games 22
    : Highest Score For 15
    : Highest Score Against 110
    : Greatest Winning Margin 3
    : Greatest Losing Margin 104
    : Average Score For 6.4
    : Average Score Against 56.9
    : Number of Wins 2
    : Number of Draws 5
    : Number of Losses 15
    :
    :
    : Submission
    :
    : Hand in the following items of documentation and evidence for assessment in a file or folder. Loose pages/discs will not be accepted.
    : A contents page.
    : A correctly presented design of the inputs, processing and outputs for your program to include Pseudocode (Structured English) and top-down designs (JSP diagram). (M1, M3)
    : Designs of the input and output screens to be produced by the program. (D1)
    : A Test Data Table that details Test Data and Expected Outcome together with screen shots to show the Actual Outcome produced by your program. (M4)
    : A program listing. (M2, D1)
    : A description of how your program could be developed and expanded in terms of at least three extra facilities that could be included, and an outline of how these could be implemented. (D2)
    : The source code of your utility. (M2, D1)
    : An executable of your utility.
    : (Supply these last two items on a floppy disk that is clearly labelled with your name and group. Make sure that the disc is readable before you hand it in).
    :
    : NOTE
    :
    : If some of the available grades M1/2/3/4 and D1/2 have been already earned, the required submission will be modified accordingly.
    : Unit Title: Introduction to Software Development
    : Assessment Title: Class Results (ISD2)
    : Student Name : ________________ Site:______ Group: ______
    : Marking Sheets (see also last page)
    : Reference Criterion ()Student Evidence ()Assessor ()Internal Verifier
    :
    : M1 determine appropriate data types for a program and show how they are declared page(s):
    :
    : M2 identify and use appropriate selection and iteration methods for programming problems page(s):
    :
    : M3 Produce technical documentation for a program page(s):
    : M4 use an appropriate tool to analyze a piece of code to ascertain semantic correctness. page(s):
    :
    : D1 enhance programs with validation and appropriate graphical elements; include end-user enhancements page(s):
    :
    : D2 demonstrate that the program has expandability. page(s):
    :
    : Comments
    :
    : Notes
    : You must achieve all of the above M criteria to gain a Merit in this unit. You do this by submitting the required evidence, as detailed in the assignment.
    : You must achieve all of the above M and D criteria to gain a Distinction in this unit. You do this by submitting the required evidence, as detailed in the assignment.
    : If you do not achieve all the criteria in this assignment you may be allowed to resubmit the relevant work if the evidence you have provided is substantially complete and correct.
    :
    : When this option is offered to you, you will have five working days, from the date of its return to you, to re-submit your work.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : __________________
    : Many Thanks Matt
    :
    :
    No-one will do your homework for you! If you haven't even taken the time to shorten your assignment, then almost no-one will help you.
    Also Pascal may be an old language, but TP7 is from '94 or '95 and the latest versions of FreePascal are even younger. Also Borland continues to develop the Pascal language in Delphi/Kylix, which can be best described as Visual Pascal. So you see still many people use it.
  • : : Help with Pascal
    : :
    : : Internal Assessment
    : : ISD
    : : Help with Pascal Assignment!!!!!!!!!!!
    : : I was wondering if all you helpful people could really help me out with my final Introduction to software development project at my college by producing a JSP Diagram and some Pseudocode for my assignment.
    : : The specification is an attachment on this post if any of you could please help it would make me very happy!!!!!!!!!!
    : : I can program in pascal and understand it, but i always fail the pseudocode and JSP parts, and it is going to let my final grade down.
    : : I also understand pascal is a very old language and that not many people use this very old program.
    : : Please reply if you can help!
    : : Specification:
    : : Internal Assessment
    : : Unit Title: Introduction to Software Development Unit Code: 04
    : : Unit Lecturers:
    : : Assignment Title: ISD4 Rugby Scores
    : : Date Set: ___________ Date and Time Due: ______________
    : : Scenario
    : : The club secretary of Old Borstalians RFC wishes to compile statistics of club results for last season. The club puts out a number of sides each week but not all sides play the same number of games in a season. Scores for each game have been recorded on paper with the club score first (eg. For 6 Against 72) but the actual results (Win/Draw/Loss) have been omitted. The secretary needs a program to process and analyse sets of scores for a given club side.
    : : When all the marks have been entered, the required information will be output to the VDU screen. The average marks should be displayed correct to one decimal place.
    : : All data entry must be appropriately validated.
    : : Tasks
    : : You are to design, implement (see below) and test (see below) a program for the secretary using the specification given below.
    : : Specification
    : : When the program is run, the secretary will be prompted to enter the raw data as required for the output in the example below. It is important to note that the secretary should only be required to enter data that cannot be calculated from other data.
    : : Example of VDU output screen produced by the program
    : : An example of the output required is as follows:
    : : Club Side Ladies Extra B
    : : League West Kent Ladies Division 8
    : : No. of Games 22
    : : Highest Score For 15
    : : Highest Score Against 110
    : : Greatest Winning Margin 3
    : : Greatest Losing Margin 104
    : : Average Score For 6.4
    : : Average Score Against 56.9
    : : Number of Wins 2
    : : Number of Draws 5
    : : Number of Losses 15
    : : Submission
    : : Hand in the following items of documentation and evidence for assessment in a file or folder. Loose pages/discs will not be accepted.
    : : A contents page.
    : : A correctly presented design of the inputs, processing and outputs for your program to include Pseudocode (Structured English) and top-down designs (JSP diagram). (M1, M3)
    : : Designs of the input and output screens to be produced by the program. (D1)
    : : A Test Data Table that details Test Data and Expected Outcome together with screen shots to show the Actual Outcome produced by your program. (M4)
    : : A program listing. (M2, D1)
    : : A description of how your program could be developed and expanded in terms of at least three extra facilities that could be included, and an outline of how these could be implemented. (D2)
    : : The source code of your utility. (M2, D1)
    : : An executable of your utility.
    : : (Supply these last two items on a floppy disk that is clearly labelled with your name and group. Make sure that the disc is readable before you hand it in).
    : : NOTE
    : : If some of the available grades M1/2/3/4 and D1/2 have been already earned, the required submission will be modified accordingly.
    : : Unit Title: Introduction to Software Development
    : : Assessment Title: Class Results (ISD2)
    : : Student Name : ________________ Site:______ Group: ______
    : : Marking Sheets (see also last page)
    : : Reference Criterion ()Student Evidence ()Assessor ()Internal Verifier
    : : M1 determine appropriate data types for a program and show how they are declared page(s):
    : : M2 identify and use appropriate selection and iteration methods for programming problems page(s):
    : : M3 Produce technical documentation for a program page(s):
    : : M4 use an appropriate tool to analyze a piece of code to ascertain semantic correctness. page(s):
    : : D1 enhance programs with validation and appropriate graphical elements; include end-user enhancements page(s):
    : : D2 demonstrate that the program has expandability. page(s):
    : : Comments
    : : Notes
    : : You must achieve all of the above M criteria to gain a Merit in this unit. You do this by submitting the required evidence, as detailed in the assignment.
    : : You must achieve all of the above M and D criteria to gain a Distinction in this unit. You do this by submitting the required evidence, as detailed in the assignment.
    : : If you do not achieve all the criteria in this assignment you may be allowed to resubmit the relevant work if the evidence you have provided is substantially complete and correct.
    : : When this option is offered to you, you will have five working days, from the date of its return to you, to re-submit your work.
    : : __________________
    : : Many Thanks Matt
    : No-one will do your homework for you! If you haven't even taken the time to shorten your assignment, then almost no-one will help you.
    : Also Pascal may be an old language, but TP7 is from '94 or '95 and the latest versions of FreePascal are even younger. Also Borland continues to develop the Pascal language in Delphi/Kylix, which can be best described as Visual Pascal. So you see still many people use it.
    :
    :I whole-heartedly agree with Zibadian. Pascal may have old origins, but it is still a living programming language. And MANY people still do use it today. You can do some really awesome things in pascal, even more so in DELPHI/Kylix. So Matt, don't disregard this language yet!

As for your assignment, can you please try and simplify it? Perhaps if you make it shorter (like zibadian said) you will get more help. Also, realize no one is going to write this program for you. This is your assignment, and therfore your responsibility. However, I'm sure that MANY people on this board (including myself) would be happy to help you by providing some source code, or answering some of your questions. Dive into your assignment, do as much as you can, then post back with some of your questions.
  • Sorry Guys for my poor wording, im not asking anyone to do the whole thing for me, i can write the program easily and im in the stages writing i always pass the code part of the assignment and writes up BUT i have real problems with JSP Diagrams.

I have a weird way of writing programs i always write the program first.
    Silly i no.

I was writing Pascal at all just dont get on with it lol!

I just wanted someone to write a JSP diagram (asking alot i no!!) so i could get some tips from the masters.

Matt

• Club Side Ladies Extra B
    : : : League West Kent Ladies Division 8
    : : : No. of Games 22
    : : : Highest Score For 15
    : : : Highest Score Against 110
    : : : Greatest Winning Margin 3
    : : : Greatest Losing Margin 104
    : : : Average Score For 6.4
    : : : Average Score Against 56.9
    : : : Number of Wins 2
    : : : Number of Draws 5
    : : : Number of Losses 15

This Is What the output screen should look like.

I will be editing one of my programs called Class Results because it uses basically the same code but just a few things change.

I also need the some source code on how to ask the user if they would like to run the program again press any key.
  • : Club Side Ladies Extra B
    : : : : League West Kent Ladies Division 8
    : : : : No. of Games 22
    : : : : Highest Score For 15
    : : : : Highest Score Against 110
    : : : : Greatest Winning Margin 3
    : : : : Greatest Losing Margin 104
    : : : : Average Score For 6.4
    : : : : Average Score Against 56.9
    : : : : Number of Wins 2
    : : : : Number of Draws 5
    : : : : Number of Losses 15
    :
    : This Is What the output screen should look like.
    :
    : I will be editing one of my programs called Class Results because it uses basically the same code but just a few things change.
    :
    : I also need the some source code on how to ask the user if they would like to run the program again press any key.
    :
    : Thanks Matt for simplifying your request. While I'm not exactly sure how to do all of the things you asked, I can help you with one of them.

You wanted the program to prompt the user if they wanted to run the program again, correct? This can be done by using a repeat loop (among other things as well).

What you could do is this:

Program Matt_assignment;
    USES crt,DOS; {crt for readkey, DOS for keypressed command if you want}

VAR a: boolean; {need boolean variable for this situation}
    response:char;

BEGIN
    a:=false; {give your boolean variable the false value}
    REPEAT
    {put your code here}
    {at the end of your program put:}
    writeln('Would you like to run the program again y/n?');
    response:=readkey; {this acts the same way as read,readln, except you do not need to push enter. It simply reads in the value when a key is pushed. Very useful};
    if response='n' then a:=true; {if the user pushes the 'n' button, the boolean variable is now true. Without the loop blocking it, the program can now end. If the user presses anything besides 'n' then the program will start again from the beginning.}
    until a; {until variable a:=true}
    end.

Hope that helps you! Best of luck!

Aoshishinomori