How easy do u think it is?

How easy do you think it is, for a vb developer to switch to pure c++/c in linux?

Comments

• i dunno how it is in the REAL world, but goin from vb to c++ in high school wasnt bad at all.
    [b][green]Koozime![/green][/b]

• The stricter you were as a VB programmer (with regards to declarations, etc.), the easier it will be.

At any rate, it's not by any means too hard to handle. I recommend proficiency in multiple languages across multiple platforms. Otherwise, you're making yourself useless to whole classes of clients.

Take Care.
    Cody

• Every new thing is not easy but if you're a good and experienced VB programmer then you'll understand C++ under Linux easier. Good luck!

• : How easy do you think it is, for a vb developer to switch to pure c++/c in linux?

If you've never programmed in C++ or a UNIX environment then there will be a significant learning curve, but I'd bet money that once you get the hang of it you'll find it to be a much better platform than Windows.
    [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]