Put new Dll in Host

I have done a new dll. And I would like to put it in my homepage, brinkster.com, how to pack it and put in on Host.

Comments

• Is it an ActiveX component or an ActiveX exe? It should be a component and if it is, it is probably best to have your hosting company register it for you and here is why. Once the component is registered if it happens to crash or hang the web server the server will have to be rebooted. Which is something only the Admin can do, unless, once again, you have the rights to do so.

However to answer your question: you just open a command prompt and type: "regsvr32 newDLLName.dll" or "regsvr32.exe newDLLName.dll" and to unregister it you type "regsvr32 /u newDLLName.dll". This also assumes that your host is not using MTS to broker the objects from the dll. Hope this helps.

-Bagles1

: I have done a new dll. And I would like to put it in my homepage, brinkster.com, how to pack it and put in on Host.
    :

• Thank you. I got the idea.

: Is it an ActiveX component or an ActiveX exe? It should be a component and if it is, it is probably best to have your hosting company register it for you and here is why. Once the component is registered if it happens to crash or hang the web server the server will have to be rebooted. Which is something only the Admin can do, unless, once again, you have the rights to do so.
    :
    : However to answer your question: you just open a command prompt and type: "regsvr32 newDLLName.dll" or "regsvr32.exe newDLLName.dll" and to unregister it you type "regsvr32 /u newDLLName.dll". This also assumes that your host is not using MTS to broker the objects from the dll. Hope this helps.
    :
    : -Bagles1
    :
    : : I have done a new dll. And I would like to put it in my homepage, brinkster.com, how to pack it and put in on Host.
    : :
    :
    :