Designing page to print on any system

I'm working on a online billing system that will create invoices. The one decision that I have left to how to go about making the invoice. If I use HTML, and a user changes the font size this will cause the printed version to get messed up wouldn't it? I've thought about writing a PDF file but this seems quite complex to do from PHP or PERL...

Just looking for ideas that would make my life easier... (This is a UNIX server so I won't say EASY)
Ben Martin :-D
programmer

Comments

• : I'm working on a online billing system that will create invoices. The one decision that I have left to how to go about making the invoice. If I use HTML, and a user changes the font size this will cause the printed version to get messed up wouldn't it? I've thought about writing a PDF file but this seems quite complex to do from PHP or PERL...
    :
    : Just looking for ideas that would make my life easier... (This is a UNIX server so I won't say EASY)
    : Ben Martin :-D
    : programmer
    :
    :

I think (not sure, haven't tested it) that if you set all the font sizes in a style-sheet, then the fontsize will always be the same no matter what settings the user has.
  • Cool. I'll start looking at style sheets and see what if that works.

Thanks a lot.

: : I'm working on a online billing system that will create invoices. The one decision that I have left to how to go about making the invoice. If I use HTML, and a user changes the font size this will cause the printed version to get messed up wouldn't it? I've thought about writing a PDF file but this seems quite complex to do from PHP or PERL...
    : :
    : : Just looking for ideas that would make my life easier... (This is a UNIX server so I won't say EASY)
    : : Ben Martin :-D
    : : programmer
    :
    : I think (not sure, haven't tested it) that if you set all the font sizes in a style-sheet, then the fontsize will always be the same no matter what settings the user has.
    :

Ben Martin :-D
    programmer