Making an .exe?

I download some free source from vbcode.com
After I'm done, I open frmMain.frm I try to make an .exe but it doens't work! I got this popup...

Compile Error:
Sub or Function not defined

ANy onw know why?? It happen like this every code I download..

Comments

• : I download some free source from vbcode.com
    : After I'm done, I open frmMain.frm I try to make an .exe but it doens't work! I got this popup...
    :
    : Compile Error:
    : Sub or Function not defined
    :
    :
    : ANy onw know why?? It happen like this every code I download..
    :

I think the cause of that error is that your code is trying to call a sub or function that does not exist. If the sub or function does exist then check the spelling of the line of code that is calling the sub, or the name of the sub itself. VB should highlight the line that is causing the problem when your trying to compile your program.

• i think ur missing a code modual here
  • : i think ur missing a code modual here
    :

But every codes I download from other people make it.. Every source I download is in a .zip, and unzip and use it. Try to compile to .exe doesn't work. The .frm is already make for me. I just make to extension .exe but doesn't work.. I don't why.. I download about 20 different sources, and 20 of them doesn't work.
  • : : i think ur missing a code modual here
    : :
    :
    : But every codes I download from other people make it.. Every source I download is in a .zip, and unzip and use it. Try to compile to .exe doesn't work. The .frm is already make for me. I just make to extension .exe but doesn't work.. I don't why.. I download about 20 different sources, and 20 of them doesn't work.
    :

Do you have VB5? Is the line being highlighted (and complained about) one that uses Replace, Split, Join or InStrRev? If so, then you'll have to write your own replacement function or get someone to do it for you. Those are VB6 functions. If not, then this might be cleared up easily if you'll tell us what function is missing????
  • : : : i think ur missing a code modual here
    : : :
    : : But every codes I download from other people make it.. Every source I download is in a .zip, and unzip and use it. Try to compile to .exe doesn't work. The .frm is already make for me. I just make to extension .exe but doesn't work.. I don't why.. I download about 20 different sources, and 20 of them doesn't work.
    :
    : Do you have VB5? Is the line being highlighted (and complained about) one that uses Replace, Split, Join or InStrRev? If so, then you'll have to write your own replacement function or get someone to do it for you. Those are VB6 functions. If not, then this might be cleared up easily if you'll tell us what function is missing????
    :

Actually I think I've had this problem before. I can't remember exactly what I did, but by selecting something in project references, or maybe unselecting a reference, clicking ok and then going back and reselecting the reference I got it to work. For some odd reason I believe It was a project that used the File System Object and for some reason it got unselected in Project References. As soon as I reselected the File System Object, I got it to work. Can't figure out why though, as the File System Object shouldn't have anything to do with those functions.

• well there u go, u un-selected a refrence set

• : well there u go, u un-selected a refrence set
    :
    :

Just incase I didn't make myself clear, I meant you unselect it, and then after clicking OK, go back to references and reselect it. Sometimes I think VB gets a bit mixed up and forgets a reference has been selected, and therefore this process may fix the problem.

• : : well there u go, u un-selected a refrence set
    :
    : Just incase I didn't make myself clear, I meant you unselect it, and then after clicking OK, go back to references and reselect it. Sometimes I think VB gets a bit mixed up and forgets a reference has been selected, and therefore this process may fix the problem.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

However, as I've just remembered that its happening with many of the projects he has downloaded, I suspect its the difference in version that KDivad Leahcim is talking about.

By the time I read KDivad Leahcim's post which reminded me of a problem I've had previously, I forgot that his problem wasn't just on a single project.