How 2 I connect a CENTURA SQLBASE Database with Visual Basic 6.0

How can I connect a CENTURA SQLBASE database with Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition?. According to CENTURA's Technical Support department it is possible to do this connection by the ODBC protocol. I have the database drivers, but the SQLBASE SERVER 7.5.1 does not let me connect the databse throught Visual Basic. Could you please send me information about?

Happy holidays!

Juan Araya.
MIS Department
SABILA INDUSTRIAL

Comments

• : How can I connect a CENTURA SQLBASE database with Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition?. According to CENTURA's Technical Support department it is possible to do this connection by the ODBC protocol. I have the database drivers, but the SQLBASE SERVER 7.5.1 does not let me connect the databse throught Visual Basic. Could you please send me information about?
    :
    : Happy holidays!
    :
    : Juan Araya.
    : MIS Department
    : SABILA INDUSTRIAL
    :
    :

Hi!

What version of Windows?

First you need an ODBC Driver from Centura. Then what you need to do is go to Start/Settings/ODBC and create a System DSN for the database. Use the driver that Centura supplied. Make sure you run the connection test at the end of the DSN configuration.

If you cannot connect with the test, you will never connect in VB!

Once the DSN works in the test, then you should be able to connect in VB. Take a look at the info on ODBC data connections in the VB help and/or manuals.

[purple]Melissa[/purple]