Font problem ...

Can anyone suggest how to ensure a user sees my site with the font I intend, if they don't happen to have the font installed? ie. is there a way to include the .font file and use it if they don't have it loaded as a standard on their machine? Alternatively, is there a way to specify the default font if the one I want to use is not found? So, if they don't have "Georgia" (the one I prefer them to view my site in), then they would see it in something everyone has, like "Arial" - this is to stop it displaying in something icky like Times New Roman.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance ...

Moz.

Comments

• [blue]In the font tag do this:

face="Arial, Helvetica, Times, Georgia, sans-serif"

In the above example, the font Arial would be shown, if the user's computer doesn't have that font then Helvetica will be shown, if they don't have Helvetica then Times and so on. At the end is sans-serif, so if the user's computer doesn't have any of the fonts listed in the face attribute, it'll display whatever their sans-serif font is.
    :-) [/blue]

• : [blue]In the font tag do this:
    :
    : face="Arial, Helvetica, Times, Georgia, sans-serif"
    :
    : In the above example, the font Arial would be shown, if the user's computer doesn't have that font then Helvetica will be shown, if they don't have Helvetica then Times and so on. At the end is sans-serif, so if the user's computer doesn't have any of the fonts listed in the face attribute, it'll display whatever their sans-serif font is.
    : :-) [/blue]
    :
    :

Hey Char ... thanks very much - live and learn huh?! Hope you have a great new year ...

Cheers,
    Moz.