newbie question on include

I'm starting to use includes in my programs, using the stdlibs developed by the UCR. However includes will only work if i compile using MASM. I want to use TASM and be able of using those libraries. How do i achieve so? does the library needs to be in the same directory of the program? do i need to include some lines in the autoexec file?
any help would be appreciated, thx a lot

Comments

• : I'm starting to use includes in my programs, using the stdlibs developed by the UCR. However includes will only work if i compile using MASM. I want to use TASM and be able of using those libraries. How do i achieve so? does the library needs to be in the same directory of the program? do i need to include some lines in the autoexec file?
    : any help would be appreciated, thx a lot
    :

it depends for what assembler the include file was made. an include file is just like an ASM file, so it must be compatible with your assembler.
    the stdlib include files were made for masm i think.
  • Problem seems to be something related with absolute and relative paths. I added the following lines to my autoexec.bat:

set include=c:stdlibinclude
    set lib=c:stdliblib

so in an asm source file i type the following:

include stdlib.a
    includelib stdlib.lib

MASM automatically assembles and links my source file without any problem, no matter where my source file resides. However TASM tells me that it can't locate stlib.a If I do somethig like:

include c:stdlibincludestlib.a

then TASM complains because it can't locate files that are inside stdlib.a. So my question would be if anyone knows how can i setup TASM to assemble using something similar that what i did with MASM. Adding some lines to my autoexec file. Thanks to anyone who can post a suggestion.

• Try this:

1. Create a text file called TASM.CFG in the same folder where TASM.EXE is.

2. Save the lines for include paths inside TASM.CFG:
    /iC:stdlib
    /iC:morelib