Need a good script language or similar

'lo people. In my eternal struggle to program weird and less than useful programs for my own amusement and, more importantly, the right to brag about having done difficult and theoretically impressive things I have decided to make a kind of quasi-neural network simulation of my own design without reading anything on the subject. The only slight problem is that I need a language to write it in. I usually do GA, EA and stuff like that in C++, but now I actually need to do a program that modifies its own code and that's not something I want to do in C++ (I'm not masochistic). So what I'm looking for is a language of any kind that's not intentionally messed up (like Brainf***, Whenever, or *shudder* Malbolge) that can create programs who modify their own source. Object- or function-oriented syntax is a plus. C++ or Asm-like syntax is a great plus. Any suggestions?

Devon, megalomaniacal master of all things that could have been done in another way with half the effort.

Comments

• : 'lo people. In my eternal struggle to program weird and less than useful programs for my own amusement and, more importantly, the right to brag about having done difficult and theoretically impressive things I have decided to make a kind of quasi-neural network simulation of my own design without reading anything on the subject. The only slight problem is that I need a language to write it in. I usually do GA, EA and stuff like that in C++, but now I actually need to do a program that modifies its own code and that's not something I want to do in C++ (I'm not masochistic). So what I'm looking for is a language of any kind that's not intentionally messed up (like Brainf***, Whenever, or *shudder* Malbolge) that can create programs who modify their own source. Object- or function-oriented syntax is a plus. C++ or Asm-like syntax is a great plus. Any suggestions?
    :
    : Devon, megalomaniacal master of all things that could have been done in another way with half the effort.
    :

You know, based on your introduction to this post, my thinking was that you write up your own language, escpecially when I got to the:

"...megalomaniacal master of all things that could have been done in another way..."

But then I read the absolute last phrase in your post:
    "...with half the effort."

That ended it right there!

:)

• : You know, based on your introduction to this post, my thinking was that you write up your own language, escpecially when I got to the:
    :
    : "...megalomaniacal master of all things that could have been done in another way..."
    :
    :
    : But then I read the absolute last phrase in your post:
    : "...with half the effort."
    :
    : That ended it right there!
    :
    : :)
    :
    :
    :
    Well, I take great pride in walking on the fine line which constitutes the border between unnecessary and outright cumbersome (a line which is not universally defined so walking on it isn't all that hard since I can just use my own definition). I'll try to do my script of my own as an absolutely last resort, but I'd much rather just use something that already exists.
    Devon, megalomaniacal master of all things that could have been done in another way with half the effort.