Selecting all files in a dialog box

Hi every1

i am also a rookie to VB but have just started to use it at work to write a strange type of renamer.
i am just having one problem at the moment and this is that when i open a dialog box in my program i cannot press shift and select multiple numbers of files, just need some advice on how to do this, as i cannot find it in any books! probably becasue it is some simple, but it is near the end of the day/week so my brain has stopped!!
Thank's in advance!

Comments

• : Hi every1
    :
    : i am also a rookie to VB but have just started to use it at work to write a strange type of renamer.
    : i am just having one problem at the moment and this is that when i open a dialog box in my program i cannot press shift and select multiple numbers of files, just need some advice on how to do this, as i cannot find it in any books! probably becasue it is some simple, but it is near the end of the day/week so my brain has stopped!!
    : Thank's in advance!
    :

There is a flag called OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT that does what you want. It's been a while since I used the cmdialog control, but this is the value you need:

Public Const OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT = &H200

KDL
  • : : Hi every1
    : :
    : : i am also a rookie to VB but have just started to use it at work to write a strange type of renamer.
    : : i am just having one problem at the moment and this is that when i open a dialog box in my program i cannot press shift and select multiple numbers of files, just need some advice on how to do this, as i cannot find it in any books! probably becasue it is some simple, but it is near the end of the day/week so my brain has stopped!!
    : : Thank's in advance!
    : :
    :
    : There is a flag called OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT that does what you want. It's been a while since I used the cmdialog control, but this is the value you need:
    :
    : Public Const OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT = &H200
    :
    : KDL
    :

cheers m8! i will give it a wizz