Urgent problem.

Hi all ...

I'm not a VB user but I have to optimize some code at work that synchronizes Siebel with Notes via ActiveX COM objects.

---

Problem :

Dim Dummy As Object

Set Dummy = CreateObject("Instance")

---

I need a verification that the last line goes OK before executing the next step.

I also need the value in Dummy to check the different results in iterations where Notes differ in behaviour.

Thx in advance.

PoseFant

Comments

• : Hi all ...
    :
    : I'm not a VB user but I have to optimize some code at work that synchronizes Siebel with Notes via ActiveX COM objects.
    :
    : ---
    :
    : Problem :
    :
    : Dim Dummy As Object
    :
    : Set Dummy = CreateObject("Instance")
    :
    :
    : I need a verification that the last line goes OK before executing the next step.
    :
    : I also need the value in Dummy to check the different results in iterations where Notes differ in behaviour.
    :
    : Thx in advance.
    :
    : PoseFant
    :

Hi!
    I'm a bit confused by your question.

"I need a verification that the last line goes OK before executing the next step."

By "last line" do you mean the "Set Dummy" example above? Or do you mean that you need to verify each that line of data gets to the other database?

Please re-post with more info.

Melissa

• : I need a verification that the last line goes OK before executing the next step.
    :

If Dummy = Nothing Then
    'Didn't Work
    Else
    'Did Work
    End If
  • Thx ...

In the case where Dummy = Nothing is there any other method I can use to invoke the instance ?

The problem is when Notes somehow has been inactive for some time.

Thank you in advance.

---

PoseFant
  • Yes ... I ment the line where I get the reference.

---

I got som more help in this thread :

If Dummy = Nothing Then
    Else
    EndIf

---

Now I need to know if there are any methods / functions to invoke the instance in case CreateObject() fails.

It seems like Notes is unavailable for CreateObject in some cases.

---

PoseFant
  • : Thx ...
    :
    : In the case where Dummy = Nothing is there any other method I can use to invoke the instance ?
    :
    : The problem is when Notes somehow has been inactive for some time.
    :
    : Thank you in advance.
    :
    :
    : PoseFant
    :

I don't know of any way other than CreateObject and GetObject. I'm not even sure what GetObject is for... I've never had to use the "= Nothing" case before so I'm not sure what to do then.
  • Thank you for your help so far.

I'm creating a workaround where I force the mainform for Notes to be set as foreground window in the cases where calls to API's from the created instance fails.

---

Regards

PoseFant