I need help! Why does my linux system does not request ing password?

Hi! Can you pls. help me. Ive installed linux mandrake in my computer. ive installed it succesfully w/out erasing my windows. my problem is, why does it does not requsting any password during boot up! how can i configure this security. pls help me.

Comments

• : Hi! Can you pls. help me. Ive installed linux mandrake in my computer. ive installed it succesfully w/out erasing my windows. my problem is, why does it does not requsting any password during boot up! how can i configure this security. pls help me.
    :

During boot up means after login : or after the lilo prompt ? I will assume at login by the nature of your post you seemd to be a newbie. Type root and press enter. This will give you root. Now type "passwd" without the quotes. After you are done with that command it should ask for a password.

• Hi! Thaks but , my real problem was , the security of the lilo. i dont know how to configuer it. pleas can you help me!