WHICH PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Which programming language do game developers use for like ps2, dreamcast, etc..... and where can I get it?

Comments

• : Which programming language do game developers use for like ps2, dreamcast, etc..... and where can I get it?
    :

Actually, in all technicality, game programmers/developers use what ever developing language is specified by the Project lead. I know commonly, OpenGL and C/C++ are still used.

These can be downloaded for free if you do a search for their compilers.

• : : Which programming language do game developers use for like ps2, dreamcast, etc..... and where can I get it?
    : :
    :
    : Actually, in all technicality, game programmers/developers use what ever developing language is specified by the Project lead. I know commonly, OpenGL and C/C++ are still used.
    :
    : These can be downloaded for free if you do a search for their compilers.
    :
    :
    um, opengl isn't a language. it is an api used for graphic acceleration in Microsoft Windows(R)

• : : : Which programming language do game developers use for like ps2, dreamcast, etc..... and where can I get it?
    : : :
    : : Actually, in all technicality, game programmers/developers use what ever developing language is specified by the Project lead. I know commonly, OpenGL and C/C++ are still used.
    : : These can be downloaded for free if you do a search for their compilers.
    : um, opengl isn't a language. it is an api used for graphic acceleration in Microsoft Windows(R)
    :
    do u guys make games too? lets say a game like tekken 4 that just came out. how long will it take to fully develop that game? can i use vb6 to create a game like these? thanks for replying guys!

• I see where I mislead that message. I meant OpenGL used with C/C++ as the language. Whether making a call to a database, to the source, etc.

: : : Which programming language do game developers use for like ps2, dreamcast, etc..... and where can I get it?
    : : Actually, in all technicality, game programmers/developers use what ever developing language is specified by the Project lead. I know commonly, OpenGL and C/C++ are still used.
    : : These can be downloaded for free if you do a search for their compilers.
    : um, opengl isn't a language. it is an api used for graphic acceleration in Microsoft Windows(R)
    :

• Number one problem you are going to have through all of your searches, is that you need someone that knows the game system variables, plus I think they have specific engines that are required. I would suggest downloading a decompiler, downloading a Playstation Emulator, and maybe a game that you already own *to avoid legal bs*, then decompile them to see what calls are made from the game. The emulator just acts like a playstation and converts it. That will be your best bet.

: : : : Which programming language do game developers use for like ps2, dreamcast, etc..... and where can I get it?
    : : : :
    : : : Actually, in all technicality, game programmers/developers use what ever developing language is specified by the Project lead. I know commonly, OpenGL and C/C++ are still used.
    : : : These can be downloaded for free if you do a search for their compilers.
    : : um, opengl isn't a language. it is an api used for graphic acceleration in Microsoft Windows(R)
    : do u guys make games too? lets say a game like tekken 4 that just came out. how long will it take to fully develop that game? can i use vb6 to create a game like these? thanks for replying guys!
    :