Menu Items on MDI Form

I have added some menu items on the MDI form with the Ampersand to allow easy access.
When i run the form, the menu options are not underlined even if you click on them the sub menus are not underlined. Only when you Press ALT and the letter does the underline become visible. But you have to know which letter is the shortcut key in the first place.

Is this a bug when using it with win2000Pro because i have just tried it on another machine using win98 and it works as it should?

Many thanks

Comments

• : I have added some menu items on the MDI form with the Ampersand to allow easy access.
    : When i run the form, the menu options are not underlined even if you click on them the sub menus are not underlined. Only when you Press ALT and the letter does the underline become visible. But you have to know which letter is the shortcut key in the first place.
    :
    : Is this a bug when using it with win2000Pro because i have just tried it on another machine using win98 and it works as it should?
    :
    :
    : Many thanks
    :
    :
    :

I can't tell you for sure at the moment, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it is something to do with win2000Pro. My program doesn't react the same way with win2000Pro as it does with Windows 98 etc. Although I haven't noticed a problem with the underlining of the menu's, although that may be because I never looked at this aspect. I have a computer with win2000Pro being lent to me at the moment, so I can take a look after I shut down this computer, as I need the screen for the one I'm using now to use that computer.

• : : I have added some menu items on the MDI form with the Ampersand to allow easy access.
    : : When i run the form, the menu options are not underlined even if you click on them the sub menus are not underlined. Only when you Press ALT and the letter does the underline become visible. But you have to know which letter is the shortcut key in the first place.
    : :
    : : Is this a bug when using it with win2000Pro because i have just tried it on another machine using win98 and it works as it should?
    : : Many thanks
    :
    : I can't tell you for sure at the moment, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it is something to do with win2000Pro. My program doesn't react the same way with win2000Pro as it does with Windows 98 etc. Although I haven't noticed a problem with the underlining of the menu's, although that may be because I never looked at this aspect. I have a computer with win2000Pro being lent to me at the moment, so I can take a look after I shut down this computer, as I need the screen for the one I'm using now to use that computer.
    :

I would call it a bug, but it's not really. It's one of the many annoying, useless features that Microsoft added to Windows.

• : : : I have added some menu items on the MDI form with the Ampersand to allow easy access.
    : : : When i run the form, the menu options are not underlined even if you click on them the sub menus are not underlined. Only when you Press ALT and the letter does the underline become visible. But you have to know which letter is the shortcut key in the first place.
    : : :
    : : : Is this a bug when using it with win2000Pro because i have just tried it on another machine using win98 and it works as it should?
    : : : Many thanks
    : : I can't tell you for sure at the moment, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it is something to do with win2000Pro. My program doesn't react the same way with win2000Pro as it does with Windows 98 etc. Although I haven't noticed a problem with the underlining of the menu's, although that may be because I never looked at this aspect. I have a computer with win2000Pro being lent to me at the moment, so I can take a look after I shut down this computer, as I need the screen for the one I'm using now to use that computer.
    :
    : I would call it a bug, but it's not really. It's one of the many annoying, useless features that Microsoft added to Windows.
    :

Thanks Guys...

• : : : : I have added some menu items on the MDI form with the Ampersand to allow easy access.
    : : : : When i run the form, the menu options are not underlined even if you click on them the sub menus are not underlined. Only when you Press ALT and the letter does the underline become visible. But you have to know which letter is the shortcut key in the first place.
    : : : :
    : : : : Is this a bug when using it with win2000Pro because i have just tried it on another machine using win98 and it works as it should?
    : : : : Many thanks
    : : : I can't tell you for sure at the moment, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it is something to do with win2000Pro. My program doesn't react the same way with win2000Pro as it does with Windows 98 etc. Although I haven't noticed a problem with the underlining of the menu's, although that may be because I never looked at this aspect. I have a computer with win2000Pro being lent to me at the moment, so I can take a look after I shut down this computer, as I need the screen for the one I'm using now to use that computer.
    : : I would call it a bug, but it's not really. It's one of the many annoying, useless features that Microsoft added to Windows.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : Thanks Guys...
    :

I took a look at my program as well as a few others such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, and Windows Explorer on Windows 2000. Both my program and Windows Explorer do not have the lines underlining the Shortcut keys, however Word and PowerPoint do. So obviously, windows 2000 does have the capability to underline shortcut keys, however it appears as though it won't work with Visual Basic Applications (Unless there is a work around). I don't know why Windows Explorer doesn't have them though, as I would assume that that probably wasn't done in VB.

• : I took a look at my program as well as a few others such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, and Windows Explorer on Windows 2000. Both my program and Windows Explorer do not have the lines underlining the Shortcut keys, however Word and PowerPoint do. So obviously, windows 2000 does have the capability to underline shortcut keys, however it appears as though it won't work with Visual Basic Applications (Unless there is a work around). I don't know why Windows Explorer doesn't have them though, as I would assume that that probably wasn't done in VB.
    :

It's an option in Win2K. Whether or not the UI has it, I don't know. Download and install TweakUI, you'll find the option there as "Always underline keyboard shortcuts" or something like that.
    Word and PowerPoint might be using non-standard menu controls.