Need Help on Z80

Hi,
I'm new to assambly programming,can someone help me on the below doubts?

I have a Games program run on Z80 CPU, I had extract this program to binary format. Can I translate this program to a readable souce code format such as (Visual Basic)?

Comments

• You can't make it into Visual Basic, but you can convert it to Z80 assembler using a dissassembler.

See the assembler file section for that. Also look at the game development -> Console files.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• Hi WEBMASTER,

Thanks for the reply. In fact what do I have is a arcade games (Amusement) source code which run on Z80 CPU. I would like to understand the logic part (Calculation) of this program. May I know where can I find all this related programing reference?

Appreciate if your counld help.

Thank.

Jacky

• Take a look at the arcade game emulator links/articles/files sections, they all deal with programming of games.

Your only choice is to use a dissasembler or debugger to learn the algorithms of the game. But its not a easy task, you need to get some documentation of the platform that the game run on. (Hardware registers...)

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• : Hi,
    : I'm new to assambly programming,can someone help me on the below doubts?
    :
    : I have a Games program run on Z80 CPU, I had extract this program to binary format. Can I translate this program to a readable souce code format such as (Visual Basic)?
    :
    :
    If you're still in need of help, my disassmbler set includes a Z80 disassembler. Email me and I'll attach the zip file (~210K) in the reply.