style sheets

Hey..

I am working on modifying this code written by someone else, with not a lot of comments for me to understand it completely..anyways since i am a beginner, can any body tell me what [red]par[/red] means in the style sheet code.. some how attaching that sheet is not making any difference at all..

appreciate any help..
thanks..

Comments

• Hi,

I have never seen that before - I am tempted to say it is just a comment of some sort.
    You mention that the style sheet is not making any difference to your site - are you linking to it correctly?

[code]

[/code]

hope this helps

Tony

: Hey..
    :
    : I am working on modifying this code written by someone else, with not a lot of comments for me to understand it completely..anyways since i am a beginner, can any body tell me what [red]par[/red] means in the style sheet code.. some how attaching that sheet is not making any difference at all..
    :
    : appreciate any help..
    : thanks..
    :

• :Yes, I also figured that out, since I got in and removed all the 'par' that i found, and it is fine now.. but the comments in HTML would never start with a back slash, right?

Hi,
    :
    : I have never seen that before - I am tempted to say it is just a comment of some sort.
    : You mention that the style sheet is not making any difference to your site - are you linking to it correctly?
    :
    : [code]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    : hope this helps
    :
    : Tony
    :
    : : Hey..
    : :
    : : I am working on modifying this code written by someone else, with not a lot of comments for me to understand it completely..anyways since i am a beginner, can any body tell me what [red]par[/red] means in the style sheet code.. some how attaching that sheet is not making any difference at all..
    : : appreciate any help..
    : : thanks..
    :
    :

• That's right, they wouldn't, but style sheets do not have the same syntax as HTML pages. Now you mention it, I am not sure what the correct syntax is for comments in style sheets. I don't think I've ever needed to use them.

----------------------------------------------------

: Yes, I also figured that out, since I got in and removed
    : all the 'par' that i found, and it is fine now.. but the
    : comments in HTML would never start with a back slash, right?

• Comments in style sheets are as follows: /* comment here */

: That's right, they wouldn't, but style sheets do not have the same syntax as HTML pages. Now you mention it, I am not sure what the correct syntax is for comments in style sheets. I don't think I've ever needed to use them.
    :
    : ----------------------------------------------------
    :
    : : Yes, I also figured that out, since I got in and removed
    : : all the 'par' that i found, and it is fine now.. but the
    : : comments in HTML would never start with a back slash, right?
    :
    :