tp for dos and win

why do most ppl use tp for dos more than tp for windows? I think tp for dos is hard to use.

Comments

• : why do most ppl use tp for dos more than tp for windows? I think tp for dos is hard to use.

I dont know about other people, but when I started programming TP for DOS was all that was available to me, so I had to make due. And now its what Im used to, so why switch? (Plus I think TPW will only create crappy 16bit gui apps...I could be wrong though since Ive never actually used it).

• : : why do most ppl use tp for dos more than tp for windows? I think tp for dos is hard to use.
    :
    : I dont know about other people, but when I started programming TP for DOS was all that was available to me, so I had to make due. And now its what Im used to, so why switch? (Plus I think TPW will only create crappy 16bit gui apps...I could be wrong though since Ive never actually used it).
    :
    What do u mean by "crappy 16bit gui apps"? What does it mean?

• : : : why do most ppl use tp for dos more than tp for windows? I think tp for dos is hard to use.
    : :
    : : I dont know about other people, but when I started programming TP for DOS was all that was available to me, so I had to make due. And now its what Im used to, so why switch? (Plus I think TPW will only create crappy 16bit gui apps...I could be wrong though since Ive never actually used it).
    : :
    : What do u mean by "crappy 16bit gui apps"? What does it mean?

Like I said, Ive never used TPW. But since it was made back in the era of Windows 3.1, and then dropped, I would assume it will only create 16bit apps. Not until Delphi came around could you create 32bit apps that I know of.

And by GUI apps, I mean (from what Ive heard) you cant compile dos applications with it. So those 2 limitations together mean you can only create 16big GUI apps. And if you think back to the days of Windows 3.1, they werent pretty.

• : : : : why do most ppl use tp for dos more than tp for windows? I think tp for dos is hard to use.
    : : :
    : : : I dont know about other people, but when I started programming TP for DOS was all that was available to me, so I had to make due. And now its what Im used to, so why switch? (Plus I think TPW will only create crappy 16bit gui apps...I could be wrong though since Ive never actually used it).
    : : :
    : : What do u mean by "crappy 16bit gui apps"? What does it mean?
    :
    : Like I said, Ive never used TPW. But since it was made back in the era of Windows 3.1, and then dropped, I would assume it will only create 16bit apps. Not until Delphi came around could you create 32bit apps that I know of.
    :
    : And by GUI apps, I mean (from what Ive heard) you cant compile dos applications with it. So those 2 limitations together mean you can only create 16big GUI apps. And if you think back to the days of Windows 3.1, they werent pretty.
    :
    :

TPW was a pretty good product, i have it sitting around somewhere on one of my cds :)

its IDE is like that of borland C++, and it compiled nice gui apps, it used the win16 api, and it still works for windows

if you want a windows pascal product, get dev-pascal from bloodshed.net, its a great ide and it uses the 32 bit free pascal compiler