Win32ASM... Text....... *sigh*

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask questions about Win32ASM, but I guess it is... :-)

I'm trying to print... err.. sorry, "draw" some text in a window. I know some methods (like the ones described in the tutorials at http://win32asm.cjb.net), but I'd like to know the "original" one.
You see, the methods I already know use some weird fonts and properties, and they hardly ever resemble the kind of text you see on regular C++ programs. I want to use the font that the USER selected in the "Display Properties" part of the Configuration Panel. The same font you see on MessageBoxes for example. I guess there is some kind of API function hiding in the Windows DLLs, and it's just waiting for me to find it.... :-)

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad English :-)

Greetz, MainForze

Comments

• : Hi there,
    :
    : I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask questions about Win32ASM, but I guess it is... :-)
    :
    : I'm trying to print... err.. sorry, "draw" some text in a window. I know some methods (like the ones described in the tutorials at http://win32asm.cjb.net), but I'd like to know the "original" one.
    : You see, the methods I already know use some weird fonts and properties, and they hardly ever resemble the kind of text you see on regular C++ programs. I want to use the font that the USER selected in the "Display Properties" part of the Configuration Panel. The same font you see on MessageBoxes for example. I guess there is some kind of API function hiding in the Windows DLLs, and it's just waiting for me to find it.... :-)
    :
    : Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad English :-)
    :
    : Greetz, MainForze
    :

Try this:
    [code]
    push SYSTEM_FONT
    call GetStockObject
    [/code]
    EAX will contain the HFONT which supposed to be selected into DC and you can draw text.

• : : Hi there,
    : :
    : : I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask questions about Win32ASM, but I guess it is... :-)
    : : I'm trying to print... err.. sorry, "draw" some text in a window. I know some methods (like the ones described in the tutorials at http://win32asm.cjb.net), but I'd like to know the "original" one.
    : : You see, the methods I already know use some weird fonts and properties, and they hardly ever resemble the kind of text you see on regular C++ programs. I want to use the font that the USER selected in the "Display Properties" part of the Configuration Panel. The same font you see on MessageBoxes for example. I guess there is some kind of API function hiding in the Windows DLLs, and it's just waiting for me to find it.... :-)
    : : Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad English :-)
    : : Greetz, MainForze
    :
    : Try this:
    : [code]
    : push SYSTEM_FONT
    : call GetStockObject
    : [/code]
    : EAX will contain the HFONT which supposed to be selected into DC and you can draw text.
    :
    :