Reading out "dialup up/down-stream transferrate"?!

hi
can i read out the current speed of my internet-connection like a windows-download-window does? i want to show the current kbits/s up/down to the user.

is it posible, and how can i do this?

cu

Comments

• : hi
    : can i read out the current speed of my internet-connection like a windows-download-window does? i want to show the current kbits/s up/down to the user.
    :
    : is it posible, and how can i do this?
    :
    : cu

Hi,

I don't really understand what you mean when you refer Windows download window (Internet Explorer download window?). If you do the transfer yourself, you can easily calculate the average transfer rate by the expression (total bytes received / seconds spent by transfer), e.g. if you've received 250Kb by 10 secs, you have transfer rate of 250/10=25Kbyte/sec. You can even give the current transfer rate by calculating the number of bytes received in the last second.

If you want to monitor the amount of the total traffic on a specific interface, that's a much more different question, maybe you can do that with using Performance Counters (check out Win32_PerfFormattedData_Tcpip_NetworkInterface performance counter class, maybe http://www.aldyn.ru/products/perfutils/ will help).

Regards,

Pter Karsai