Lerning C++ (please help)

Hello,

I am a complete newbie to c/c++ and I have Visual C++ 6.0. Does anyone know of a great tutorial for the complete newbie that could help me out.

Thanks
Pruysie

Comments

• : Hello,
    :
    : I am a complete newbie to c/c++ and I have Visual C++ 6.0. Does anyone know of a great tutorial for the complete newbie that could help me out.
    :
    : Thanks
    : Pruysie
    :

Wow! VC++ is alot for someone to learn on. Some on this board may disagree with me, but I would suggest learning on DJGPP for C++ (or Turbo C for C). Because, With DJGPP you'll have to learn to code. There is no resource editor. I know creating GUI's with VC++ is cool, but you'll really need to know how to code a whole program not just methods for event handling.

I know of several programmers (none on this board, I hope) who use Visual C++ who can't program simple console or dos programs, because all they know is the resource editor.

Also I'd suggest learning C first, but you really don't have to. I'm just partial to ANSI C.

• : : Hello,
    : :
    : : I am a complete newbie to c/c++ and I have Visual C++ 6.0. Does anyone know of a great tutorial for the complete newbie that could help me out.
    : : Thanks
    : : Pruysie
    :
    : Wow! VC++ is alot for someone to learn on. Some on this board may disagree with me, but I would suggest learning on DJGPP for C++ (or Turbo C for C). Because, With DJGPP you'll have to learn to code. There is no resource editor. I know creating GUI's with VC++ is cool, but you'll really need to know how to code a whole program not just methods for event handling.
    :
    : I know of several programmers (none on this board, I hope) who use Visual C++ who can't program simple console or dos programs, because all they know is the resource editor.
    :
    : Also I'd suggest learning C first, but you really don't have to. I'm just partial to ANSI C.
    :
    :
    Concur. However, use the tutorials from the MSDN disk that came with VC++ 6.0.

Hope this helps.