SQL and C++

Hello,
I am interested in accessing databases with SQL statements inside of C++ code. Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks,
Barry

Comments

• : Hello,
    : I am interested in accessing databases with SQL statements inside of C++ code. Does anyone know how to do this?
    : Thanks,
    : Barry
    :
    :
    :
    If you running Windows and Visual C++, then:
    you have to include "sql.h" and use the ODBC API included with the Visual C++ compiler...

• : : Hello,
    : : I am interested in accessing databases with SQL statements inside of C++ code. Does anyone know how to do this?
    : : Thanks,
    : : Barry
    : :
    : If you running Windows and Visual C++, then:
    : you have to include "sql.h" and use the ODBC API included with the Visual C++ compiler...
    :
    :
    I used the Wizard to make an app that provided variable names for the fields of my Access database and then I read thru sql.h
    Where can I find tutorials to show me how to use the SQL statements in the program with the right
    syntax and in the right functions?
    Thanks,
    Barry

• : : : Hello,
    : : : I am interested in accessing databases with SQL statements inside of C++ code. Does anyone know how to do this?
    : : : Thanks,
    : : : Barry
    : : :
    : : If you running Windows and Visual C++, then:
    : : you have to include "sql.h" and use the ODBC API included with the Visual C++ compiler...
    : I used the Wizard to make an app that provided variable names for the fields of my Access database and then I read thru sql.h
    : Where can I find tutorials to show me how to use the SQL statements in the program with the right
    : syntax and in the right functions?
    : Thanks,
    : Barry
    :
    The statements are executed by the driver, so you have to use the instructions which came with the driver, but most of them are general: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, etc... ODBC API will only be transferring these strings to the driver. If you look in MSDN you will find all sequence of using these functions.

• FYI, I found a tutorial at www.informit.com, in the C++ section, from the online book "Special Edition using Visual C++6", by Kate Gregory, Ch.22 & 23
    Barry

: : : : Hello,
    : : : : I am interested in accessing databases with SQL statements inside of C++ code. Does anyone know how to do this?
    : : : : Thanks,
    : : : : Barry
    : : : :
    : : : If you running Windows and Visual C++, then:
    : : : you have to include "sql.h" and use the ODBC API included with the Visual C++ compiler...
    : : I used the Wizard to make an app that provided variable names for the fields of my Access database and then I read thru sql.h
    : : Where can I find tutorials to show me how to use the SQL statements in the program with the right
    : : syntax and in the right functions?
    : : Thanks,
    : : Barry
    : The statements are executed by the driver, so you have to use the instructions which came with the driver, but most of them are general: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, etc... ODBC API will only be transferring these strings to the driver. If you look in MSDN you will find all sequence of using these functions.
    :
    :
    :