Big Newbie...sorry.

Hello all.
Hi I am ver interested in programming. I have a big grasp on basic and have just started learning about C. I just had a few questions for all u highly intelligent people:
1. SInce i am very new to all this programming.....I really wanna program for Sony someday(I probably sound dumb for saying that) but i am very interested.....where should i really start to learn basics for Video Game programming?

2. Are there any schools that really have as majors video game programming??

3. And third is it very logical( i dont know if anyone knows) But do Japanese companies ever really look at programmers in America to program over there??

Any info would be greatly Appreciated.!

Comments

• Well, i don't think i can be too helpful for concrete information, but there's not a lot of posting going on here so i'll say what i can.

I also wish to become a game programmer. And, i have pretty much mastered Qbasic, and know some ASM. I'm now using C to program for gameboy.
    I want to program for nintendo some day (if they manage to keep alive that long :) ) so i don't think that learning about the workings of their consoles like this is a bad idea.
    If you want to become a programmer for sony, or for anyone else in any other field, just keep learning as much as you can about programming. That's what i'm doing, anyway.

I don't know of many schools that specialize in video game programming. However I do know that Nintendo runs a school called DIGIPEN that does this.

: Hello all.
    : Hi I am ver interested in programming. I have a big grasp on basic and have just started learning about C. I just had a few questions for all u highly intelligent people:
    : 1. SInce i am very new to all this programming.....I really wanna program for Sony someday(I probably sound dumb for saying that) but i am very interested.....where should i really start to learn basics for Video Game programming?
    :
    : 2. Are there any schools that really have as majors video game programming??
    :
    : 3. And third is it very logical( i dont know if anyone knows) But do Japanese companies ever really look at programmers in America to program over there??
    :
    : Any info would be greatly Appreciated.!
    :

• Hi there billywm664

I have just started looking at programming the gb. Have you written much for it? I would love to have a look.

I have been having one problem. When I make some pictures to put into my game as soon as I access the pop up keyboard thing I cant get my pics back, just an arrow. Any ideas.

Cheers

• I put up a quick page here:
    http://members.nbci.com/mapkeydx/gameboy.html

I haven't really dealt alot with text. I'll look into that.

: Hi there billywm664
    :
    : I have just started looking at programming the gb. Have you written much for it? I would love to have a look.
    :
    : I have been having one problem. When I make some pictures to put into my game as soon as I access the pop up keyboard thing I cant get my pics back, just an arrow. Any ideas.
    :
    : Cheers
    :