it should be easy, but doesn't seem so - index.html

Thisz a simple thing that didnt work with me:
i've read about the default page for a url, and it says that it should be index.html or index.htm, and sometimes it can be default.htm or default.html

now in my web design, i used index.html everywhere, but when i uploaded the site it didnt work. to see it in effect go visit www.yusran.com which is hosted by HTML.COM and you will see that the site is not built, but in fact (as said before) it has the index.html page which you can see www.yusran.com/index.html
i also provided index.htm, default.html & default.htm but none of them will open as a default page.
now what's the problem?

thanks for your help :)

Comments

• there has been an index.php file in the directoy!
    if you have an idea about the .php files plz let me know. at least what does php stands for?

: Thisz a simple thing that didnt work with me:
    : i've read about the default page for a url, and it says that it should be index.html or index.htm, and sometimes it can be default.htm or default.html
    :
    : now in my web design, i used index.html everywhere, but when i uploaded the site it didnt work. to see it in effect go visit www.yusran.com which is hosted by HTML.COM and you will see that the site is not built, but in fact (as said before) it has the index.html page which you can see www.yusran.com/index.html
    : i also provided index.htm, default.html & default.htm but none of them will open as a default page.
    : now what's the problem?
    :
    : thanks for your help :)
    :