how to a acces.....

can u tell me; how i can open the file in /cgi-bin directory for writing?

Comments

• I'd suggest using fopen(), and fwrite(), with a the filename fully qualified
    e.g.
    fp = "/home/johndoe/cgi-bin/filename.txt";

That sort of thing

• thanks. but i think, i couldnt explain my problem clearly;
    actually i use C/C++ for CGI programs.and on the web i cant open a file for writing.the problem isn`t about syntax.the main problem is :
    I used "fopen("filename.dat","wr"),but this caused some errors,and my program didnt work,On a Unix server,because of permissions,but on a WIN98 server it worked.because there is nothing about permissions.

How does a CGI program open(for writing) a file which is pathed
    "/cgi-bin/balh/balh../filename.dat", and writes someting to it,on a Unix based web server.

Notice:I`m asking this question on PHP area, because this is CGI problem.

• : actually i use C/C++ for CGI programs.and on the web i cant open a file for writing.the problem isn`t about syntax.the main problem is :
    : I used "fopen("filename.dat","wr"),but this caused some errors,and my program didnt work,On a Unix server,because of permissions,but on a WIN98 server it worked.because there is nothing about permissions.
    : How does a CGI program open(for writing) a file which is pathed
    : "/cgi-bin/balh/balh../filename.dat", and writes someting to it,on a Unix based web server.

Try this :
    $filename="/path_to_file";
    chmod( $filename, 0777 ); // o -file, not directory 777 - to do what u want ( permission )
    $fp=fopen( $filename, "wr" );
    $str=fread( $fp, 100 );
    fclose( $fp );

I think should work. On my Linux it is.

Lekha.