My EVIL Video Card

I have a voodoo 3 3000 and in about 2 out of 3 of the samples that microsoft created to show off directX 8.0 don't work. The error tells me that my video card does not support a certain feature and that it will run the sample in HEL. Is this error correct, or is it just spit out when any number of things goes wrong?
Oh yes, if you DON'T get this error ever, what video card are you using? I may think about getting one.

Comments

• : I have a voodoo 3 3000 and in about 2 out of 3 of the samples that microsoft created to show off directX 8.0 don't work. The error tells me that my video card does not support a certain feature and that it will run the sample in HEL. Is this error correct, or is it just spit out when any number of things goes wrong?

This error message is indeed correct. Many effects (e.g. environment mapping, pixel shaders, hardware N-patches) are only supported on very new hardware.

: Oh yes, if you DON'T get this error ever, what video card are you using? I may think about getting one.

You'll need a GeForce3 or a Radeon2 for that kind of functionality.
    --
    [italic][blue]Sunlight[/blue][/italic]

• thanks, i was thinking of getting a GForce3 anyway, so I'll get it now for sure