c++ builder SQL

I have a program that has hardcoded sql statements based on drop down combo boxes. My 4th search involves a user entering into a edit box a keyword that is in the field.

I have a string variable MySQLString that sets the property. I am having trouble with puting the value of the entered text box into that string. Program compiles but the sql statement causes a general protection fault error.

Any help is appreciated. This is my first database program using builder. I need to have the variable as the right value after a LIKE operator
MySQLString = "SELECT blah, blah FROM tables where blah = blah AND WHERE desc_eng LIKE 'variable'";

Thanks in advance

Comments

• : I have a program that has hardcoded sql statements based on drop down combo boxes. My 4th search involves a user entering into a edit box a keyword that is in the field.
    :
    : I have a string variable MySQLString that sets the property. I am having trouble with puting the value of the entered text box into that string. Program compiles but the sql statement causes a general protection fault error.
    :
    : Any help is appreciated. This is my first database program using builder. I need to have the variable as the right value after a LIKE operator
    : MySQLString = "SELECT blah, blah FROM tables where blah = blah AND WHERE desc_eng LIKE 'variable'";
    :
    : Thanks in advance
    :
    I solved it - was pretty simple actually.