Variation on a pitch shifting theme

Hi Boardsters!
This could be a big shot in the dark... not many questions get answered here:-(
I was very interested in a previous posting... See: http://www.programmersheaven.com/wwwboard/board7/read.asp?MsgID=33971
(changing pitch of MP3s)

What I would like to know is how do you change the speed of a WAV file without affecting the pitch. (like some music tools are able to.. eg - "Transkriber" and "Musicians CD Player" Both are learning aids and used for slowing down fast musical passages)
Now what I would really like to know is how to slow-down (or even speed-up) MIDI FILES???? If you are a Delphi Dabbler and have any idea how this can be achieved (preferably in 'real time')Please let me know. I want to include MIDI files in my Delphi3 application and give the user the option of playing the files at a slow tempo or selecting 'normal tempo' playback.
Quite an ambitious posting I agree... but maybe somebody has the answer???
T.

Comments

• That's quite easy. If you're using MCI, send a MCI_SET command with the MCI_SEQ_SET_TEMPO flag.

• : That's quite easy. If you're using MCI, send a MCI_SET command with the MCI_SEQ_SET_TEMPO flag.

Hmmmm....might be easy for you Seph :) Damned hard for me though. lol... I'm just a Delphi 3 learner (I'm only just learning Object Pascal)and what you've written above is a foreign language to me.... If you could explain it for me it would be appreciated, meanwhile, I'll search for those keywords in the help files. Thanks a lot.
    T.