PartnerWeekly • Las Vegas, Nevada
Come work with us in the exciting city of Las Vegas! We have an awesome work environment that offers competitive pay with excellent medical/dental, 401K and vacation benefits to offer you!
As a PHP developer at this level you should have an excellent working knowledge of development with PHP 5.3+, MySQL and the related tools necessary to design, develop, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications. You should be able to take guidance and direction from your manager and be capable of working within a team as well as individually. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. This is not a remote position.
The primary job responsibility for the PHP Developer position is to provide PHP programming and functionality for a wide variety of consumer-related websites and web-based applications. Developers are challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in new and creative ways.
PHP Developers will be expected to:
• Develop on a LAMP stack, experience with Vagrant or VirtualBox a plus
• Write high-quality code that is testable, maintainable and scalable
• Write software using BDD/TDD principles leveraging PHPUnit and Behat tests
• Understand advanced Object Oriented Programming principles and design patterns
• Understand OWASP Top 10 internet security vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them
• Develop within MVC frameworks (Symfony preferred)
• Utilize ORM and Entity Management (Doctrine preferred)
• Debug and profile PHP applications using tools like Xdebug
• Implement message queues such as ActiveMQ
• Understand asynchronous background processing (Gearman preferred)
• Write and debug advanced SQL queries with complex joins and subqueries
• Create schemas with appropriate use of normalization and indexes
• Reduce database load and response times with strategic use of caching (Memcached)
• Think critically to solve complex, multi-dimensional problems within time constraints
• Possess excellent analysis, research, and troubleshooting skills
• Work on high traffic distributed systems where performance optimization is required
• Leverage high availability and load balanced systems where uptime is critical
• Be proficient with IDEs and other development tools to increase productivity
• Utilize version control systems (GIT preferred) and related tools
• Participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle
• Collaborate within cross-functional teams and coordinate efforts among members
• Produce documentation including flow charts, technical specifications, and API docs
• Participate in peer code reviews and accept feedback from others regarding your code
• Securely integrate with internal and external APIs using REST or SOAP
• Understand networking protocols including HTTP, FTP, SCP, SFTP, TCP, and UDP
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Research emerging technologies and leverage them where appropriate
• Stay up to date on industry trends via user groups, articles, books, etc.
• Work well under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
Please send your resume of interest to:
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!