create game for Sony Playstation???

how do i make a PC game (visual c++ / direct x) to work to sony playstation?

If it's not possible, what do i need to make a game (using a PC) for playstation?

Thanks everybody!

Comments

• : how do i make a PC game (visual c++ / direct x) to work to sony playstation?

: If it's not possible, what do i need to make a game (using a PC) for playstation?

:

: Thanks everybody!

:

You have to buy a programming/debugging version of the Playstation console itself as well as some Sony software for the PC. The special Playstation is very basic and is just for hobbyists, it costs something like $700 along with the software. I'f I'm not mistaken, to fully license the software be prepared to pay around $30,000. I think www.playstation.com has some info on this. Just try searching for the "Net Yaroze"

• Or try to find programming information somewhere, and create the rom on your hard drive. There are some cheap devices which plug into the playstation which can be used to load the roms from your PC using a serial cable. The Caetla can do that, I think, and maybe some versions of the X-ploder and the gameshark units.

: : how do i make a PC game (visual c++ / direct x) to work to sony playstation?
    : : If it's not possible, what do i need to make a game (using a PC) for playstation?
    : :
    : : Thanks everybody!
    : You have to buy a programming/debugging version of the Playstation console itself as well as some Sony software for the PC. The special Playstation is very basic and is just for hobbyists, it costs something like $700 along with the software. I'f I'm not mistaken, to fully license the software be prepared to pay around $30,000. I think www.playstation.com has some info on this. Just try searching for the "Net Yaroze"
    :

• : : how do i make a PC game (visual c++ / direct x) to work to sony playstation?
    : : If it's not possible, what do i need to make a game (using a PC) for playstation?
    : : Thanks everybody!
    : You have to buy a programming/debugging version of the Playstation console itself as well as some Sony software for the PC. The special Playstation is very basic and is just for hobbyists, it costs something like $700 along with the software. I'f I'm not mistaken, to fully license the software be prepared to pay around $30,000. I think www.playstation.com has some info on this. Just try searching for the "Net Yaroze"

$30K? No, it's about $1 million for a PS license.

• : : : how do i make a PC game (visual c++ / direct x) to work to sony playstation?
    : : : If it's not possible, what do i need to make a game (using a PC) for playstation?
    : : :
    : : : Thanks everybody!
    : : :
    : : You have to buy a programming/debugging version of the Playstation console itself as well as some Sony software for the PC. The special Playstation is very basic and is just for hobbyists, it costs something like $700 along with the software. I'f I'm not mistaken, to fully license the software be prepared to pay around $30,000. I think www.playstation.com has some info on this. Just try searching for the "Net Yaroze"
    :
    : $30K? No, it's about $1 million for a PS license.
    :
    ::. are u sure the yaroze is still availible... i'm pretty sure they canceld it...

• : : : : how do i make a PC game (visual c++ / direct x) to work to sony playstation?
    : : : : If it's not possible, what do i need to make a game (using a PC) for playstation?
    : : : :
    : : : : Thanks everybody!
    : : : :
    : : : You have to buy a programming/debugging version of the Playstation console itself as well as some Sony software for the PC. The special Playstation is very basic and is just for hobbyists, it costs something like $700 along with the software. I'f I'm not mistaken, to fully license the software be prepared to pay around $30,000. I think www.playstation.com has some info on this. Just try searching for the "Net Yaroze"
    : : $30K? No, it's about $1 million for a PS license.
    : ::. are u sure the yaroze is still availible... i'm pretty sure they canceld it...
    :
    :
    The project may have been scrapped, but you may still be able to purchase one. I'm not real sure. As for the million dollar license, its not anywhere near that amount. If anything, progamming for the PS should be cheaper now since the console is apporaching its last days as a competitive system.

• The Net yaroze is out of production in the US and Europe. Sony also may have stoped selling it in japan (not sure). The only place can think to get one would be to buy it off of someone online.

• Yes, The Net Yaroze is unavailable anywhere, but you wouldn't want one anyway. With it, you must use libraries supplied by sony, which do not include CD Reading/Writing, or the Video Codec. Yaroze games can also only be around 400K because part of the memory is taken by the Yaroze, and you cannot Read from the CD inside your program, so the entire thing must fit in only the little space left, not to mention the speed, which I guess, actually I am mentioning, but oh well. The Yaroze libraries are extremely ineffecient, and you cannot create your own. It is far better to use a PC-Comms Link and an Action Replay(Gameshark/ Xploder) cartridge. The links below will have all the neccessary information/ demos/ so on... Basically what you do is put the PC-Comms link card(ISA only) in your computer, plug the AR/GS into the back of the Playstation, and hook them together with a standard serial cable. Then you can transfer the program you wrote, probably in ASM into the playstation. With the right tools, you can also burn a CD, though it will only work with chipped machines(for now.) Anyway, here are the addresses...

Http://WWW.PSXDev.Co.Uk

Http://WWW.Hitmen-Console.Org