hardware info?

Ok I am trying to write asm code that would change the cpu speed, I am not even sure how this is done, but am pretty sure it can be done, I guess I need the right interrupt or something or if it doesn't exist then i'm going to need some other information, possibly addresses, I mean I understand that the motherboard is what decides at what fsb and multiplier it runs the cpu at, it has to read the info from somewhere, anyway there has to be some way, well I'm pretty confused here can anyone tell me where to look for this kind of stuff? And please don't suggest me to use bios for overclocking, my bios doesn't have that option.

Comments

• Sorry for double post, it happened cause this site was lagging like hell and I clicked post a few times.
  • Accidentally double posted cause of the site lagging all the time.
  • Ok nice site, seriously , cant delete posts either, I actually made 2 posts accidentally, and in 1 of the posted I accidentally posted my apologies for double posting also 2 times, everything cause of this lag, is this site like this all the time?