I'm getting back into application development after many, many years away.
My new application will:
1) Web based
2) Manage user registration and accounts [with security captcha code etc.]
3) Take money by either PayPal or credit card
4) User will upload a pdf file
5) My app will read the pdf and add the data to a database
6) My app will access this data, process it and create 2 reports: html shown in the browser & pdf downloadable version
7) Security: I don't want people to hack into the data and/or steal my application.
What platform should I use? .NET?
If so: Would the new 2008 studio fit my needs?
Any suggestions/tips/tools/controls that would solve my other needs and slash my developing time?
I'm quite comfortable with .Net [Delphi 7] and Access VBA.
However, D7 is so buggy and the support is so poor, that I really need to find another platform.
I literally live on a mountain in Taiwan, so I really have no one to ask.