Windows functions namespace?

SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USA
I've been doing C-style programming in Windows for years now, but have now been doing OO programming in C++. As such, I notice that many OO programmers don't simply call "ShowWindow()" in their objects. Instead they call "::ShowWindow()". I have been updating my sources to include the two semi-colons in front of all standard Windows functions, but it has me curious. What namespace or class are these a part of? Is it in the "std" namespace in Windows, or is it something else? I don't specify a "using namespace" at the start of any of my classes, so I assume it uses "std" by default. Thanks for the information.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!