Connecting to SQL server through a network

I'm having trouble connecting to a SQL server through a network. I'm on a DSL connection,and I use a proxy server(Winproxy) to connect to the internet.

I can't seem to get any other computers on the network to connect to the SQL server. Please Help!!!

Comments

• Check "Server Network utility" and make sure that you have TCP/IP installed.

: I'm having trouble connecting to a SQL server through a network. I'm on a DSL connection,and I use a proxy server(Winproxy) to connect to the internet.

: I can't seem to get any other computers on the network to connect to the SQL server. Please Help!!!

:

• : I'm having trouble connecting to a SQL server through a network. I'm on a DSL connection,and I use a proxy server(Winproxy) to connect to the internet.

: I can't seem to get any other computers on the network to connect to the SQL server. Please Help!!!

:

first of all, how are you trying to connect to this sql server ??

a) if there is a webbased application(php-myadmin or something like that). In this case, the host that should set up in the sql authentication service(database: mysql table:users) must be "localhost".

the fact that you are connecting through a proxy is not involved in any way because the entire system runs on the server on "localhost" and sends the html code to your browser.

b) If your using another SQL client application that establishes its connection from your pc with your host to the sql server on the propper port where the sql server is listening on. In this case the sql authentication service should contain your host. If you have root permission to the sql server you can easely correct the possible error.

URL:www.mysql.com