game development

Hello, i found somthing that makes it easier to program games in c++ express edition.
http://www.microsoft.com/express/gamedevelopment/

My problem is when i want to install Dark GDK it says it cant find a visual C++ compiler. (I got visual studio team suite , team edition)

So, i dont get it if you use the free express edition (lowest in rank of the visual studios editions) you can use dark GDK.
but if you use team suite like me it says it cant install it (team suite is highest in rank of the visual studios editions)
:S

Does someone know how to fix this or if its even possible to use the dark GDK in the team suite edition?

thx for help.

Comments

• : So, i dont get it if you use the free express edition (lowest in
    : rank of the visual studios editions) you can use dark GDK.
    : but if you use team suite like me it says it cant install it (team
    : suite is highest in rank of the visual studios editions)
    :
    Microsoft have obviously messed up.
    There's unlikely to be any technical reason why dark GDK can't be used under other editions of visual studio (they probably have the same code base for the lot and just set switches to knock out certain features for the freebie). Also I can't think of any commercial reason why Microsoft would pursue this policy. They probably just thought that the hobby games market and the visual studio professional market don't overlap.

• : Microsoft have obviously messed up.
    : There's unlikely to be any technical reason why dark GDK can't be
    : used under other editions of visual studio (they probably have the
    : same code base for the lot and just set switches to knock out
    : certain features for the freebie). Also I can't think of any
    : commercial reason why Microsoft would pursue this policy. They
    : probably just thought that the hobby games market and the visual
    : studio professional market don't overlap.
    :

Reading what you said, I'm thinking licensing/legal mumbo-jumbo is probably the main reason.
    The code base is almost sure to be the same. The real difference is made mostly by supplied add-ons/extras.
    Not sure though, just get that feeling.

There might be a way to 'manually install' it. Often Googleing the matter helps.
    Best Regards,
    Richard

The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry