Need books to tie PHP to C and/or Java for web

I am starting to write a multiplayer, simultaneously played, web-based math game. I am trying to make up my mind what to use to do it. I will probably use PHP and MySql for sure but I will need to use either Java , C,C++ or VB for game engine. The game will be a multiplayer math game where the individuals can play each other as well as the computer. I can't find any good books to help me tie the PHP to the server's Java or C++ code. I need the heavy duty server side code so computer can play, dole out numbers to use and check answers of players.I will use the MySql to track player info (scores,dues paid, games played,etc.)

Know of any good books tying Java and/or C to PHP.

Comments

• : I am starting to write a multiplayer, simultaneously played,
    : web-based math game. I am trying to make up my mind what to use to
    : do it. I will probably use PHP and MySql for sure but I will need
    : to use either Java , C,C++ or VB for game engine. The game will be
    : a multiplayer math game where the individuals can play each other as
    : well as the computer. I can't find any good books to help me tie
    : the PHP to the server's Java or C++ code. I need the heavy duty
    : server side code so computer can play, dole out numbers to use and
    : check answers of players.I will use the MySql to track player info
    : (scores,dues paid, games played,etc.)
    :
    : Know of any good books tying Java and/or C to PHP.
    :
    :
    Tieing PHP to Java servlets should be simple enough: have the PHP create JSP pages instead of simple HTML pages. Beware, this might create quite a heavy load for the server.
    Alternative: develop your entire game in Java/C++ and link that code to MySQL. That way the server doesn't need to process the PHP commands.
  • How much more remote functionality do you need than an interface to a database?

What more information needs to be shared remotely than the information in the MySQL database?

Maybe you can get around having any Java running on the server and have your Java implementation run completely on the player's machine. Java can send HTTP requests and interact with your PHP scripts which then interact with your SQL database to manage the shared information between your remote players.

If you really need Java running on the server, you could use the Apache Tomcat server, Java servlets or JSP(Java Server Pages) instead of PHP. JSP can do everything PHP can including access to your MySQL database. It also has the advantage in this situation of efficiently connecting with the rest of the Java software you want to run on the server.

: I am starting to write a multiplayer, simultaneously played,
    : web-based math game. I am trying to make up my mind what to use to
    : do it. I will probably use PHP and MySql for sure but I will need
    : to use either Java , C,C++ or VB for game engine. The game will be
    : a multiplayer math game where the individuals can play each other as
    : well as the computer. I can't find any good books to help me tie
    : the PHP to the server's Java or C++ code. I need the heavy duty
    : server side code so computer can play, dole out numbers to use and
    : check answers of players.I will use the MySql to track player info
    : (scores,dues paid, games played,etc.)
    :
    : Know of any good books tying Java and/or C to PHP.
    :
    :