I am lost and need help

I work in a on-line gaming environment recently they enabled a process that allows external objects made can be imported into the game via a targa file. There doesn't seem to be a direct simple way to do this - The only way I know of now is a person who ceated a plugin, but forthis "program" the programmer requests $800-$1000 the plugin to Maya. I use Maya, DAZ, Bryce, Poser, and Photoshop programs -

What I am searching for is a method or program that I can take a OBJ file and convert it to a Targa file - I am searching for something that is as simple as possible. Right now all the programs I have do not like to play nice - I been searching the net and came across this website and with all the information flying here I thought it would not hurt to take a chance and ask the good people here if there is a known program that can do this conversion - Thanking anyone and everyone in advance
Amari

Comments

• You want a program to convert Truevision TGA files into WaveFront obj files?

Truevision TGA files store 2 dimensional graphics. They are just images like jpeg, png, gif and so on. WaveFront Object files basically store a mesh(a list of triangles with 3 dimensional positions of their vertices).

How would you generate 3 dimensional information from an image? Are you talking about interpreting the TGA as an elevation map?

: I work in a on-line gaming environment recently they enabled a
    : process that allows external objects made can be imported into the
    : game via a targa file. There doesn't seem to be a direct simple way
    : to do this - The only way I know of now is a person who ceated a
    : plugin, but forthis "program" the programmer requests $800-$1000 the
    : plugin to Maya. I use Maya, DAZ, Bryce, Poser, and Photoshop
    : programs -
    :
    : What I am searching for is a method or program that I can take a OBJ
    : file and convert it to a Targa file - I am searching for something
    : that is as simple as possible. Right now all the programs I have do
    : not like to play nice - I been searching the net and came across